Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Series II - Wheels Magazine.

YATSIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EQUIP
Glad to see others like the concept tail lights too. yea wish they would chuck us a discount for our ideas as well :D

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.

SV6SidiUTE

Vroom?
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Sidi Ute
Actually, they represent quite a minority.

You don't know how statistics work do you? If you take 3000 out of 30000 buyers, and base a judgement on the views of those 3000. It would be a good indicator of what the rest of the buyers would say. You take common comments and evaluate the overall judgement of the product in question.
My sentence was they REPRESENT a large portion, and not THEY ARE a large portion.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
You don't know how statistics work do you? If you take 3000 out of 30000 buyers, and base a judgement on the views of those 3000. It would be a good indicator of what the rest of the buyers would say. You take common comments and evaluate the overall judgement of the product in question.
My sentence was they REPRESENT a large portion, and not THEY ARE a large portion.

No you said "The members on here represent a large portion of views." They don't. They represent a small portion of views.

I do know what statistics are this what you said has nothing to do with statistics.

The members on car forums for ANY make of high volume car represent the MINORITY of owners. They are also far more likely to be "car enthusiasts" so their views and opinions aren't even a valid representation of the majority. So to use sampling (which is what you're referring to) as a valid way of measuring something, you need a properly cross-represented sample. Not a very specific niche of people.

SV6SidiUTE

Vroom?
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Sidi Ute
No you said "The members on here represent a large portion of views." They don't. They represent a small portion of views.

I do know what statistics are this what you said has nothing to do with statistics.

The members on car forums for ANY make of high volume car represent the MINORITY of owners. They are also far more likely to be "car enthusiasts" so their views and opinions aren't even a valid representation of the majority. So to use sampling (which is what you're referring to) as a valid way of measuring something, you need a properly cross-represented sample. Not a very specific niche of people.

I doubt car enthusiasts would ask "how to replace a battery", or "will changing my muffler make me have more power" or even "how many KW's does my car have?".Merely the fact that there are 72 thousand members on here that are "commodore enthusiasts" ,if you say so, indicates a significant representation of the common opinion, nor do they represent a "minority". They may not be all active, but this is a medium that clearly communicates to commodore owners. Hence being a powerful forum for feedback on commodore developments. I know that if I had a business that can communicate so easily with the end user, I too would utilize it. The fact that they do not, clearly represents a fixed direction in which the company is heading. No-one wanted more rattling plastic in their commodore, nor would they have asked to have the round air outlets protruding through the center console. THAT gives me a reason NOT to buy a new commodore coupled with the fact that it is just a recycled design of the interior in general. It is something that I would have to look at day in day out. That is my opinion, now multiply that by every person that is on here and share the same view. That results in that portion of potential end consumers being lost. When you take into the fact of how many people are on here and then work out the percentage of lost clients, apply it to the total Australian Commodore market, you will get a much more clear indication of what sales loss you will embrace.
Now this is an indicator of sales LOSS only, it could also be applied to sales volume increase.

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
also this forum consists of a mojority private buyers not fleet recipients

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
That is my opinion

And it is wrong. You clearly don't understand and aren't interested in my explanation. I was going to go into even more detail about statistical analysis and how sampling actually works, including the cross section of demographics you need etc, but it would be wasted.

SV6SidiUTE

Vroom?
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Sidi Ute
and it is wrong. You clearly don't understand and aren't interested in my explanation. I was going to go into even more detail about statistical analysis and how sampling actually works, including the cross section of demographics you need etc, but it would be wasted.

l...o...l.... S u r e

By the way, twice already you have read my posts and understood them in the wrong context. It was my opinion regarding the interior of the vehicle, not the factual statistical approach in business market research. Clearly, you are skimming through the posts and not taking time to understand them completely.

I will leave it at that.