Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Series II - Wheels Magazine.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Not once have I ever claimed to know everything. Nor would I ever make such a ridiculous claim. I was simply pointing out that in this particular case, SV6SidiUTE was wrong as this forum does not represent a "large portion of views" (SV6SidiUTE's words) about any Commodore, let alone the new one about to be released.

YATSIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EQUIP
I wouldn’t expect Holden to have the round vents, it goes against the design of the car, plus Drive/car advice and Wheels aren’t exactly the most reliable of sources... i mean "BUSTED" and you get a blurry photo shopped pic of what doesn’t even remotely look like a VE, one of them I swear was a VT. Most of the time when you get these "busted" photos too they claim that it also have engine differences.... why they didn’t include the engine bay pics is beyond me.

on the other finalised point i would have to agree with SV6SidiUTE, and if I was designing a car considering the $$$ involved I would certainly utilise all my sources including this forum

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
The round vents are confirmed in the test mules getting around Melbourne (and other places). And the new Omega looks almost more like a BA Falcon than a BA Falcon.

on the other finalised point i would have to agree with SV6SidiUTE, and if I was designing a car considering the $$$ involved I would certainly utilise all my sources including this forum

LMAO!!! So you want to listen to a small bunch of people with narrow minded and often immature views? :rofl:

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Just to get you some basic perspective. Holden sold 44,387 brand new Commodores in 2009. How many members on this forum were one of those 44,387 brand new buyers? If you can find more than 10 or 20 I would be VERY VERY surprised. But let's say it was 1000 (which it wasn't - I'm just inflating the number for the following example). That equates to 0.22% of the total number of sales.

Let's look at it another way. Say there were currently 1000 people on this forum in the market for a brand new Commodore (again, inflated for example purposes), that equates to just 0.22% of prospective buyers - you know, the people trying to decide if they will buy one or not. Now, are Holden going to seriously consider such a small representation of the prospective market? Or go with a much much more diverse demographic and try to appeal to the most popular of views, which by the way put simply is this: "I want to buy a large, affordable, safe family car that doesn't cost a huge amount to run." and the fleet market "I want a bunch of cars that can easily do a lot of km with low maintenance costs and are easy to replace at end of life".

Got the point yet?

YATSIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EQUIP
wow angry....angry man, you need to chill a bit, no need to get so fired up. Simply a point of view, to ignore other points of view would be considered narrow minded. Anyway i like the tail lights. L8R man

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Angry? lol Not at all and certainly not fired up either.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
LMAO!!! So you want to listen to a small bunch of people with narrow minded and often immature views? :rofl:

Is that ALL members of the forum (in which case it would include you), or just a few?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Just to get you some basic perspective. Holden sold 44,387 brand new Commodores in 2009. How many members on this forum were one of those 44,387 brand new buyers? If you can find more than 10 or 20 I would be VERY VERY surprised. But let's say it was 1000 (which it wasn't - I'm just inflating the number for the following example). That equates to 0.22% of the total number of sales.

Let's look at it another way. Say there were currently 1000 people on this forum in the market for a brand new Commodore (again, inflated for example purposes), that equates to just 0.22% of prospective buyers - you know, the people trying to decide if they will buy one or not. Now, are Holden going to seriously consider such a small representation of the prospective market? Or go with a much much more diverse demographic and try to appeal to the most popular of views, which by the way put simply is this: "I want to buy a large, affordable, safe family car that doesn't cost a huge amount to run." and the fleet market "I want a bunch of cars that can easily do a lot of km with low maintenance costs and are easy to replace at end of life".

Got the point yet?

2.2% actually.

That aside, the problem is more an economic one. Holden would love to spend much more money on the interior, along with a multitude of other areas however they also have to make a $ which is not quite so simple in the motor trade of late.

Reaper

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
I do recall a while ago that there was a facebook group going in regards with the chevy bow tie and what everyone thought about whether they were for or against it. Point is it reached JC and that gave us the opportunity to voice our opinions or views on the matter. What I am saying is if GMH ever needed opinions or views of any kind whether it would be for new interiors or a simple headlight design something or other the same process would be used I would imagine and even using something like facebook to aid in their research would reach a large number of people many of those could be potential buyers for Holden. If you would draw up a statistic, how many of JC members have facebook? by how many of those have in each of there accounts? how many of those people who are into Holdens?

Look by no means I am trying to prove anyone wrong or saying this is all correct this is simply just a theory and a point of view. As a result of that the possibility that this forum or any other commodore related forum would have an impact to what GMH produce, whether or not this is true or not it maybe a question to ask GMH themselves.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
To add to the can of worms...

I personally do not have a facebook account, nor would I participate in an online design process for any vehicle. It would surely lead to a case of too many cooks! Holden designers will produce what they feel is a credit to holden within their design parameters (like every other manufacturer) and their client base will like it - or they won't like it. The only way to get a car that fits ALL your criterion of what makes a good car, is to design and build it yourself. Otherwise, you do the best you can with what you have.

I am currently at my wits end with gearbox woes, loose diffs, dash rattles and squeaks, etc but I also cannot validate spending the ticketed premium for a euro with similar levels of performance though may tick more of the subsidiary wish list boxes, nor can I validate the costs associated with servicing a euro. To presume to get the best of everything at a bargain basement price is folly - whichever way you look at it. You just have to prioritise your wish list and go from there. Yesterday, after swearing blindly at my whining gearbox and clunking away in peak hour traffic, I was researching the new VW Golf R. It's a great car. All wheel drive grip, phenomenal handling, roughly as quick in a straight line as an SSV for the same money and better equipped. Sadly, I fear I may be treading the line between human and bogan as I feel I just wouldn't be happy with a hi-po turbo 4. I love a V8. And the XR8 is garbage. They're my priorities - so if I were in the market for a new car, it would be the SS - regardless of the niggles I may or may not have with it. Sure, if I had the money, a C63 AMG might be in order - or a V12 Vantage - but if you want a quick, decent sized car that doesn't cost the earth, compromises must be made as it will be a warmed over version of a mass produced fleet car. Holden has to listen to where the money comes from. Besides - making a good SS is what the aftermarket sector is all about!

Be well.