Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS Commodore High way patrol cars

tommo82

Non-donating member.
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 HSV Senator
Will have some pics of the new LAPD car soon....

redmick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais VX Calais
Yep and its automatic as soon as the sirens are turned on they start recording, normally have a removable hdd so officers move them from one car to another.UHF and VHF radios VHF for the remote areas they were looking at putting the radars inside but they could not due to pillar airbags.They also have GPS units fitted which track the vehicles and dont just go anywhere they want these days but are now designated areas they are to work not sure if that is all the time or just when the RTA is paying the O.T
Im just waiting for one to turn up at home so i can suss out aerial type and location for my VE so i can get the best reception possible
Cheers
Redmick

JC_VE6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
i have it on very good authority that all HWP cars have video camera mounted near rearview mirror - when siren is turned on, camera starts recording and logging data from speedo and so on.
Designed for officer safety and also to provide evidence in court if required.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
on board equipment the VE SS Commodore high way patrol cars have to aid them in detecting and collecting evidence against offenders on the road.

That would be the police officers driving them.

VSCristian

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VP Commodore Executive V8 A4
all have a continously looped video/data recording... which goes in 90min (if i remember correctly) loop, which activates audio recording the moment the sirens are on.. with the previous 30secs included in sequence..
they have RADAR
LIDAR
ANPR (auto number plate reader)
RADIO and COPS system access
State of the art speedo

i'm a policing student.. this is what i remember from my highway patrol lecture in my traffic unit

philsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sv6
are highway patrol cars or any cop car allowed to speed without their blue lights on?

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
are highway patrol cars or any cop car allowed to speed without their blue lights on?

they must adhire to all road ruels unless responding to a offical job with the lights on