Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS Ute LSX 454

Dazzak75

The HULK
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
Well another update for you all,

Well the tune from LK was the worst it has ever been, never driven a car so bad, so I went to HDTCQ in Mackay to have it done properly, and the difference is like chalk and cheese, it is so much better. The LK dyno seems like a bit of a disney, apparently made 625rwhp on theirs, on the one in mackay, made 408rwkw, after the changes in the tune, it make a average 413rwkw. A little different from their claim.

Started my stereo install, using an LOC off the stock head unit to keep the factory look until I can find a decent priced HSV or SSV head unit.

2 sets of 100wrms Rockford Fosgate splits and a P500-4BD amp, the amp is going to get changed to a 2500W-D amp to also run my 2 x 400wrms subs going behind the seats.

Here are some photos:

IMG_0001_resize.jpg

IMG_0004_resize.jpg

IMG_0003_resize.jpg

IMG_0005_resize.jpg

RedhotThunder

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 2 VE Thunder Sv6
Hey mate, curious as to how your front bar is holding up? No cracks or anything from scrubbing or stone chips?

Also curious to know, if you did the project over, would you do it different? Different engine block or anything or maybe just different sources. Be good to know for any future engine conversions when your mistakes can save us from similar problems :p

Dazzak75

The HULK
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
If I was to do it again, I would have the engine built in the states, engine dynoed to what I wanted, then freighted over, I have made so many contacts over there now, and understand more about camshafts abd the affects of manifold vacuum when you don't get the right LSA.

Anything I can help with I am more than happy to help, just ask questions and I will fill you in,

Engine wise, to go for all out horsepower you can't go past turbo's. But would probably go FI next not NA, something like a 427 - 440 ci with a 4ltr whipple on it, plenty of power then

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
If I was to do it again, I would have the engine built in the states, engine dynoed to what I wanted, then freighted over, I have made so many contacts over there now, and understand more about camshafts abd the affects of manifold vacuum when you don't get the right LSA.

Anything I can help with I am more than happy to help, just ask questions and I will fill you in,

Engine wise, to go for all out horsepower you can't go past turbo's. But would probably go FI next not NA, something like a 427 - 440 ci with a 4ltr whipple on it, plenty of power then

Hell yeah man! lol FI ftw! cant wait to eventually get a blower onto mine

TTL98

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS twin turbo ute
hey Dazzak75 i see this is a old thread but im only new to this site so i thought i would ask. did you sort out your fuel problem and if so what did you do??
i myself am in the middle of building a twin turbo engine using the bowtie for my VE ute, it has a L98 in it now with twin turbo and i was having a fuel pressure issue at one stage aswell with the L98

Dazzak75

The HULK
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
hey Dazzak75 i see this is a old thread but im only new to this site so i thought i would ask. did you sort out your fuel problem and if so what did you do??
i myself am in the middle of building a twin turbo engine using the bowtie for my VE ute, it has a L98 in it now with twin turbo and i was having a fuel pressure issue at one stage aswell with the L98

Hey Mate,

I did sort the fuel issues, the pump that was put in was not holding pressure, causing it to lean out, so I went the ASE intank twin pump set up, no issues now and they're rated fairly high too. There is a VE with a 440ci twin Garret turbo's that is putting out over 1100hp at the wheels, and he went for a surge tanks and triple 500hp pumps and having no issues, Sonny at AutoWorx in Sydney bult it for him.

RedhotThunder

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 2 VE Thunder Sv6
What mileage you getting with the 454 bud? How many liters per 100km etc.