Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve ss weird engine noise

Alex05

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6
Did you do anything else besides the oil change. Sounds like something rubbing against a pulley. Did you spill some oil in the belts? Any CEL.

fanga

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV 6.0ltr V8
Put your ear close to the engine and see if you can pinpoint location of the noise , what grade engine oil was used to refill ? I always like to pre-fill the oil filter when replacing it .

Myvess2007

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss
Nulon 5w 30 is what mechanics put in,
It kinda sounds like it's right hand side of engine but not at the front

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Is it only at idle or what do you notice about oil pressure and temperature / RPM?

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
It sounds like the belt, this is why mechanics are paid to work on cars. Sorry I have no sympathy for people trying to save money and having problems with their cars if you came into my work and told me what you have said here I would charge the maximum amount I could on the job and offer no discount.

monkey

Donating Member
Reaction score
It sounds like the belt, this is why mechanics are paid to work on cars. Sorry I have no sympathy for people trying to save money and having problems with their cars if you came into my work and told me what you have said here I would charge the maximum amount I could on the job and offer no discount.

Nice, so where do you work? You probably need people that cant service their own car for bread and butter.

Apart from saving money most of us enjoy working on our cars and learning about them and I would encourage everyone to do what they feel competent doing. This is a place for helping others not flaming them for having a go.

Did OP diy or did a mechanic do it for you? Do anything else at the same time? What have you already checked? Need to try pinpoint it or just take it to a mechanic to check out. But not this guy ^^

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Nice, so where do you work? You probably need people that cant service their own car for bread and butter.

Apart from saving money most of us enjoy working on our cars and learning about them and I would encourage everyone to do what they feel competent doing. This is a place for helping others not flaming them for having a go.

Did OP diy or did a mechanic do it for you? Do anything else at the same time? What have you already checked? Need to try pinpoint it or just take it to a mechanic to check out. But not this guy ^^

What do you do for a living I would love to hear the winging from you when the time finally comes that you are made redundant at whatever you do by a computer or a foreign worker or even just no need for whatever you do. I don't mind people working on their own car but I do not like it when people service the car them self then try and fix a problem they made when they should just go to the mechanic the second time.