Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve ssv a/c won’t turn on

ebonymarie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais v6 &a VZ acclaim V6
Hi guys,

I have a 2009 ve ssv wagon. I bought it back in April and now the warmer weather has arrived I have noticed I can’t turn my a/c on. Whenever I press the button, it doesn’t do anything. It just says a/c off. I’ve checked the fuses and the belt and they seem fine.
Does it just need to be regased or could there be another problem?

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
most likely low gas, take to ac shop

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
I run mine once a week for most of the year, all the time in summer, but probably needs service

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
If it wont turn on the AC symbol it's low gas.

Hsv62ltr

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 HSV Maloo
Im have the same issue! Had it back and re-gassed 3 times on the second brand new compressor the HVAC System shows an error code “coil compressor failure” I don’t have deep pockets to take it back to HSV..

ebonymarie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais v6 &a VZ acclaim V6
Im have the same issue! Had it back and re-gassed 3 times on the second brand new compressor the HVAC System shows an error code “coil compressor failure” I don’t have deep pockets to take it back to HSV..

I ended up getting it regased and it worked for about 3 days. Now my problem is it’s stuck on my windscreen mode and won’t change. Drivers side blows cold air and passenger blows hot.
Changed one of the actuators and still didn’t fix it. My only option will be to pay the $160 an hour to send it to Holden so they can fix it

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Which actuator you change

Joelene

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore
owning a series 1 2008 SSV since new I have had my share of aircon problems.
These fixes might help you out.
Symptom - Aircon stops blowing cold air after a while. Sounds like it is strangling. Can't get more air by manually operating fan control....changing to recirculate or fresh air achieves nothing.
Resets itself after being stopped for an hour or two.
Problem- Aircon evaporator inside dash is icing up and stopping air flow. Another symptom is you will find a lot of water under the car after it has purged itself on next start up.
Fix - Temperature probe inside the aircon unit is in the wrong place. This has happened during manufacture by Adair. Google Adair VE Commodore for a fix.
The basic fix is - Remove Glovebox. Locate green plugs on HV control unit. Don't touch these. Next to one is a white connector with two black wires protruding from it pushed sideways into the aircon unit next to the green plugs. This is the temperature sensor.
Turn it 45 degrees clockwise and withdraw the sensor. Open the white connector and pull the sensor out to 35mm from the connector and reinstall. This makes the sensor go into the colder air and work properly inside the unit. Then it won't ice up.

Symptom. Air Actuators jammed in one position. Adair has a recalibrate for these.
Turn ignition to on but don't start.
Set fan speed manually to 50%
Hold rear demist button for 5 seconds.
When you hear air actuators moving and fan speed drop release button
Wait until actuators stop moving and fan starts again.
Reset is complete. Actuators should be in correct positions. If not then one actuator is stuffed and needs replacing.