Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 Fuel Consumption...?

hardcore90

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 Manual

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
I have a 2011 Sv6 so being SIDI can't offer any comparison with economy figures. Although i have run mine down quite low and never spent over $100 and that is with 98 ron. Also my maths on the fuel figures you have given says that you put in close to 78L. Correct me if I'm wrong but the commodore only has a 71L tank???

source: Holden Commodore SV6 Sedan Automatic (2011) Specifications - All Car Wiki - Car Specification Wiki

73 Litre tank on VE. Even with my 75 Litre VZ, I've never put in anymore than about 60 Litres.

mint

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
E10 is a horrible fuel, it isn't monitored so the ethanol content can get up to 30%. The ECU will just end up pumping in heaps of fuel as the O2 sensors will be reading 30% less. So there for you will be going through lots of petrol, be down on power. Clogging up spark plugs and O2 sensors.

Are you cut & pasting this? This is unsubstantiated, and actually really poor info for the OP.

Man, this whole forum has gone to the crappers lately...

Ed

Reaction score
Website
www.hrt.com.au
Members Ride
TDV8 Landcruiser
Hi EVeryone!

Appreciate all the helpful comments!

Mine is definite STOCK. Last service done last week. Oil and oil filter change and no air filter changed as the "white" filter element looked really clean.

Car has done 94k kms and I'm not sure when the spark plugs were last changed. Is it hard to change them on these or is it quite straight forward like a 4 cylinder. (This is my first V6)

I really can't justify paying for anything more than E10 to be honest with petrol prices at their record highs.

Thanks

i pay 90 bucks to fill my tank with 98, and get easy 600k's a tank with some not so economic driving, up to and over 800k when highway driving per tank... Justified?

Android

Reaction score
Website
www.androidsnetwork.com
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY9.5
Hi all, I am getting about 12.4 (avg) around town, some weeks even worse. I'm pretty careful, keeping the revs low, not accelerating too hard, trying to use as little as possible - but not always working.
I've even taken to leaving work after peak hour so I don't have as many stop/starts on Parramatta road (for those who loath it).

Is this unit going to work on the VE: KWP2000+ CHIP TUNING TOOL CAR ENGINE TUNE REMAP FLASHING KWP2000 PLUS FLASHER 41 | eBay

And, who would have a tune to suit the VE?

eggs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SV6
You leave work later to save fuel? WTF!

You'll be saving bugger all, you should just buy a bike.

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Depending how far you've gotta go. I'd say it could make a big difference over say 150k a week. If for 75k (afternoon) you were sitting at even 50k. As opposed to crawling in traffic. Sitting on the motorway in stop start traffic I can watch my avg fuel consumption increasing.

Android

Reaction score
Website
www.androidsnetwork.com
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY9.5
it's only a 35km trip each way, often it can still take 1.5-2hrs. Sucks to work in the city....
Works ok for me, get in late, leave late. It has its advantages :)

vefred

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve 9.5 International Sportswagon 3.0lt sidi 6s aut
Hi, ng and all readers. First of all use nothing but 98 octane fuel and experiment with different retailers and when you find one you like , stick with it. The extra cost of the 98 will be offset by the return in mileage. Buy a K&N air filter lasts forever and clean it yourself regularly as a lot mechanics dont have the kit to do it, you should notice a difference about now with these two items. Also any items on your car that cause wind drag like roof racks can take their toll, if not needed take them off. I have a wheelchair carrier on my ve 3ltr sidi wagon and I get 12-13 around town and 8-9 highway.
Regards To All.

tony graz

Reaction score
Members Ride
sv6
hi i am geting around 720 kl to a tank of fueil in my ve i go the m5 every day from campbltown to leichhardt i uese BP 98 have done so for 2 months my fueil ave is 9.5 to 10.4 i uese the same servo and pump every time