Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 - intermittent transmission problems?

Holdux

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
Mines doing the same yet it got the transmission service about 3months ago and out of the blue it’s done what you just described like going solid one min then boom totally guttered

Holdux

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
My MY07 VE SV6 has been driving fine for years but in the last few days has been having what feels like transmission issues intermittently

I drove it for about 10 minutes the other day, when I felt a loss of power. Throttle produced no movement at all in drive gear. Shifted it to reverse, and I could back up fine, back into drive, and nothing.

Had it towed back home, then tried again later that night fine, drove it around the block a few times, no issue

Tried again yesterday, drove it down the street, got about 2 minutes away before lost both Drive and Reverse - nothing but neutral.

I tried again just before in the garage and it was running fine for the first couple of minutes, able to move it back and forward, then I heard a bit of a 'rattling' sound and noticed I couldn't move it anymore. Here is a clip of the sound, although it's a little echo-ey being in the garage.

I ran the fault codes on an OBD2, and returned nothing.

It has no trans dipstick, but reading some other threads I'm not sure I'll be as lucky as just topping up the fluid.

Could the trans be finished?
U find out what it was in the end

HEADHUNTER0872

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ve SV6
The ve SV6 iz notorious for transmission problems, getting a transmission flush would be a good start, while you're mechanic iz doing that he would be able to see if there iz any other underlying issues.

HEADHUNTER0872

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ve SV6
It's just one of many problems that comes with owning a sv6 I have spent thousands of dollars on my mother and there iz always something else. Doing any mods iz not recommend

Holdux

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
The ve SV6 iz notorious for transmission problems, getting a transmission flush would be a good start, while you're mechanic iz doing that he would be able to see if there iz any other underlying issues.
Yeh it just seems strange I got it flushed out new filter and oil not too long ago and was going solid just went up to kaitaia and back to aucks no all of sudden just **** it self