Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 - intermittent transmission problems?

HEADHUNTER0872

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ve SV6
It would be wize to stick with the same transmission but u will still suffer from the same problem down the road, could be fine one day then absolutely shoot to **** the next. Always keep a few grand in your back pocket so when it happens again at least u will have the money there for the repairs, u can get a reconditioned transmission but it iz still high risk.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
I'd just chuck a reco transmission in and then sell it before the problems happen again in a couple of years...

Anyways, this thread has been dug up a few times lol

HEADHUNTER0872

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ve SV6
The problems would happen a lot sooner than thinking that you would get a couple of yearz without any more issues, once u have transmission issues it sets of a chain reaction next thing u know your camshaft will go than timming chain. I am doing a full rebuild on my sv6 and there iz no garranty that this will prevent any problems down the road. They are an awesome fast care but they are definitely money pits

HEADHUNTER0872

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ve SV6
The problems would happen a lot sooner than thinking that you would get a couple of yearz without any more issues, once u have transmission issues it sets of a chain reaction next thing u know your camshaft will go than timming chain. I am doing a full rebuild on my sv6 and there iz no garranty that this will prevent any problems down the road. They are an awesome fast care but they are definitely money pits

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
That's really only if the timing chain hasn't been done at all or done in a long time... Doing the PCV mod for example can help alleviate the timing chain failure, as well as regular servicing, but there is honestly no guarantee... Compared to some other cars on the market, Alloytec Commodores are really not that bad...

Reactions: Lex