Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE sv6 maximum HP ?

Major Herbie

Reaction score
Members Ride
'10 Pontiac G8 Manual '10 VE SV6 Manual
1. Open savings account
2. Deposit money that would otherwise be wasted on trying to make an alloyanchor go fast, plus other savings
3. Wait till you're off your Ps
4. Choose from one of the following:
a. VE SS
b. XR6 Turbo
c. House deposit
d. Hookers and cocaine
5. Win life.

Oh god. Why did I even buy a car? I should've followed your foolproof guide to wining life but saved the money I've blown on cars for more hookers and coke when I'm 80.

;)

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
1. Open savings account
2. Deposit money that would otherwise be wasted on trying to make an alloyanchor go fast, plus other savings
3. Wait till you're off your Ps
4. Choose from one of the following:
a. Blown VY SS
b. XR6 Turbo
c. House deposit
d. Hookers and cocaine
5. Win life.

**** I didn't read the question right so I did 4A and 4D. Does this mean I can't do 5?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Hmmm hookers and blowers, sounds like a recipe for success in life :D

Alloytecs are possibly the hardest engine to get power out of
A) they are incredibly expensive to modify B) they are already highly strung to make 195kw C) they may have 195kw from factory but they aren't a quick car to start with
It's heaps better to blow new cars off the road in a 20 year old shiter

I don't think that is very accurate. They are expensive to modify because the after market hasn't had a lot to do with them and tuning them isn't supported very well. MACE is slowly changing that. Having said that, with 4 cams it's never going to be as cheap to do a cam upgrade.

I don't think they are high strung? They are a smaller capacity engine so generally they rev them more to make similar power to a larger displacement engine (I still say this was a mistake from GM). The guy who makes the after market intakes did cammed version with his intake that is very rev happy and makes very good power. Like to LS type engines the bottom end is very strong.

There no slower than a (standard) VS V6? It's actually hard to compare because your not comparing apples with apples. Lets say VE omega with the Alloytec but still with the old 4L60e tranny and they are a bit of a slug but get a VE SV6 with one of the fancy 6 speed auto's and they are a fair bit quicker. I think a lot of the gains in recent times in car performance hasn't been so much the engine but rather the drive line. Those fancy 6 speed auto's keep the engine in the happy rev range a lot easier. Even an old VS V6 would be a fair bit quicker and more fuel economic with one of those trannies fitted.

TBH, I'm actually not a fan off the Alloytec family of engines, somewhere I did a big rant in a thread about how well GM didn't do when they upgraded (if you want to call it that) from the 3.8 Ecotec engine to the 3.6 Alloytec