Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE sv6 maximum HP ?

ConstantVelocity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII SS M6
1. Open savings account
2. Deposit money that would otherwise be wasted on trying to make an alloyanchor go fast, plus other savings
3. Wait till you're off your Ps
4. Choose from one of the following:
a. VE SS
b. XR6 Turbo
c. House deposit
d. Hookers and cocaine
5. Win life.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Diff gears have probably been the most sensible idea in this thread. Yes shorter gears will get you off the line quicker, but your engine will also have to big at higher RPM to get to the same speeds as before depending on how the new one compares to the stock one. Either way you will need to get your speedo and so on adjusted immediately as your tacho, speedo and odometer will all be out otherwise.

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
Would just the diff make much difference from 0-100 ?

No, you might take it from 7 seconds 0-100 to 6.5 if you're lucky.

Put it this way i spent a little over $6000 to take my Supra from 150rwkw to over 300rwkw. thats a %100 power increase including twin plate clutch epic.

The most important fact you have to consider is more peak power doesn't always proportionally translate to faster. N/A this holds true more than boosted engines, A cam will shift the power band higher RPM range (extra lift helps give some over all bonuses) The v6's are all quad cam so they make all their power in the top end which is actually really bad for getting the 1800kg car off the line.

Diff gears will give you the most noticeable improvements as you will not bog down as much off the line. I'd avoid wasting too much money modifying this car. The SIDI you have will most likely be faster anyway.

Anyway, with the state of the property market if you start saving now you might be able to afford a deposit by the time you're 45...

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
The v6's are all quad cam so they make all their power in the top end which is actually really bad for getting the 1800kg car off the line.

The Alloytec runs variable cam timing. So the torque curve is broader than say your typical single cam engine set up.

grnvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v8 5spd 9c1
Dude, you need to listen to all this advice. Keep the omega and wait till your off your p's and then get a v8. If your thinking yeah man but what if i did this.....(insert random generic bolt on mod) i will give you some reasons to try and convince you not to.

1: when most of us were doing what u want to do we were doing it to vn's or similar models which cost bugger all to buy initially and you actually get a little bit of noticable gain from mods.
2: the sidi omega goes well. I have one in a wagon and my other car is a worked 355 vs so i am not talking out of my ass.
3: if u think cobar is full of cops wait till you drive to sydney with your p plates and loud exhaust. Speeking from experience again, i used to live in nyngan.
4: on a more serious note and showing my age now, keep learning in a car thats not a weapon. You've got plenty of time down the track to drive fast cars once you've spent a bit more time on the road.

Jack_vs_BT1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs BT1
Alloytecs are possibly the hardest engine to get power out of
A) they are incredibly expensive to modify B) they are already highly strung to make 195kw C) they may have 195kw from factory but they aren't a quick car to start with
It's heaps better to blow new cars off the road in a 20 year old shiter

Michael-08-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
Yeah man I used to be like you wanting to make my v6 faster (I still do! Just dont announce it on this site!! You WILL get raped) yes it is more logical to wait for the 8 but if your like me and plan not to sell your car until its about to die than go for it, in the end it's what you want. it will be cheaper and easier to mod an 8 but if you want to use your money than do it! Steve from mace said he had a customer in new Zealand make 200rwkw from a ve sv6 series 1 with cams, full exhaust, 25%under drive, 12mm insulators and a tune...? So why not then s/c it I mean who cares if they think your wasting your money! It is YOUR money isn't it?