Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve sv6 seized engine

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Probably serviced it themselves, call and ask them.

Your more than likely right there.
I was down in Melbourne a couple of weeks ago for a couple of weeks, and I was having a scratch through the hire car service book that was in the glovebox, and it had been serviced by the hire car company all the way to the 20,000kms on it when I had it except the first freebee service.
It was not Eurocar though.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Hertz and Avis used to service their own, no reason why Eurocar doesn't too. Sounds like the dealership is trying to get outta this one.

I remember once, my Laser suddenly lost all its brake fluid. Outta fricking nowhere! Topped it back up, and never lost a drop in 24 months...weird things these cars

boomboombas

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ve sv6 s2
if im sold a certified used holden with the remainder of a new car warranty from a reputable holden dealership why is it my problem to prove a 30,000 k service ?
im told that this is the only thing holding me back from a new engine ,i feel its the dealership that sold it to me is responsible for this

WazzaV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
As usual, the " I want a new car", then the "ill get it serviced buy any one but the dealership".
Dont buy new cars if yo want "pops service center" to service your car and then holden to just drop their pants for you.

Take it back to the "non holden dealership" and have them cover what ever work was performed.
Actually, im not sure why I give a ****, its obviously your wife's car.

Yeah I agree, only a brain dead moron would pay $120 and hour at a Holden Dealership for an apprentice to work on his car, everyone knows that Holden can't force people to use their service centres to do oil changes and services when Bob, a fully qualified Mechanic, does the job at his own workshop.......at my Holden Dealer they couldn't get any mechanics to work there so imported 2 Austrian mechanics on 457 visas to work there, I took my car there because a lack of mechanics in town and 2000km later a spark plug fell out......I'm stuffed now, I will have to take my car 400km to Kal to get services because I don't trust them now.

Slick6

Reaction score
Website
www.perthfilms.com
Members Ride
Phantom SSV
I agree that dealers can be hard to deal with but saying all dealers are bad is the same as saying all independents are bad.

I know a great dealer service center in perth as well as some great independents and my car goes to the different ones depending on what I need .

To the OP, log your issue with Holden Customer Service, explain that you bought a Certified used vehicle on the understanding that it had been checked and was mechanically sound (their promo gear says this is the case), also that the vehicle had been serviced twice since then and that the damage is as result of oil loss as a result of a sensor failure, not because of a missed service 35,000km ago.

If they don't come to the party, speak to Consumer Protection as the vehicle was marketed and sold as being in sound mechanical condition. Other than that, keeping a cool head whilst talking with them should see you right.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Some SIDI motors are known for burning excessive oil! Not all of them do but it's a common issue. Don't back down.

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
The alloy tech/sidi motors, if not serviced correctly are known to seize. We have had a few at work with issues like this. If you can't provide full service history, they may not cover the repairs under the new car warranty.

Europcar does their own servicing in some locations and also gets some work contracted out to others. If you contact europcar they probably won't be very forth coming with much information.

If the vehicle was purchased from a Holden dealer, then they should be able to contact someone at Europcar and hopefully obtain the service history for you, providing they still have records of it....

Good luck.

boomboombas

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ve sv6 s2
looks like could have to involve a lawyer they contacted eurocar and there is no record with europcar that they even owned it and holden refuse to honour the warranty im waiting on the selling dearer to get back to me with more info im pretty gutted

**edit funny how you get two different stories , holden contacts eurocar and there is no records of the car even being in their possession we make contact with europcar and the fleet manager says ok but the only one that can access the old database they have is on leave next 2 weeks .

Last edited:

ASxTecH

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF LSA Maloo
I checked my oil before setting off on a trip, Moved my car out of the garage and was a loud ticking, pulled the dip stick out to find it bone dry aswell..
car as 34 000K's on the clock and was services at 30 000K's and took about 3L of oil. No warnings or anything holden said its nothing they can do.. Its now got 35K on the clock and has taken a over a liter of oil.
Its not blowing smoke or running bad it annoys the hell out of me
Anything i sound try? And No i dont trash my car

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
looks like could have to involve a lawyer they contacted eurocar and there is no record with europcar that they even owned it and holden refuse to honour the warranty im waiting on the selling dearer to get back to me with more info im pretty gutted

**edit funny how you get two different stories , holden contacts eurocar and there is no records of the car even being in their possession we make contact with europcar and the fleet manager says ok but the only one that can access the old database they have is on leave next 2 weeks .

Mate , that sucks , how convenient for the company that the person who can access the data base is away , sounds like they are trying to dodge a bullet . Don't back down from any of them , I hope the lawyer can get some resolve .