Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve v6 turbo conversion

Shen Long

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice 5.7L
Did you know he is called Mr. A. Wright
Always Right even when he is Wrong,
i can actually think of much more nicer words to describe @vc commodore but then i would be the bad guy... :oops:

Shen Long

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice 5.7L

Martbar

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF Series 2 SSV Redline.
Sucked at stopping and didn't corner to well, but yup, scare the crap out of you if you weren't prepared

Years ago, a mate tried to line a TE Cortina with a crossflow up with me in my Centura for a 15K run....The Corty owner chickened out...
Mate l was in a 302 one night and when he went to pass the Cortina,
the bloke in the Cortina left him sitting on the wrong side of the road. Mate booked his Ford in for a tune up the next day. I used to own one of the last Cortina's that they made TE/TF it was a Ghia 4.1
Lock-up 3 stage Borg-Warner best
car l ever had:).

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
the bloke in the Cortina left him sitting on the wrong side of the road. Mate booked his Ford in for a tune up the next day. I used to own one of the last Cortina's that they made TE/TF it was a Ghia 4.1

I agree the Corty's were a quick car with the 250's, but having owned a 250 powered TC and a couple of Centuras, I can vouch for the Centura being quicker....My first Centura was 245 powered, and my current 265 powered....

I also have a mate that has a 351 Clevo powered TE and a rellie that used to own a blown and stroked 350 powered TD...Haven't sat my ass in either of those

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

A teaser of my rellies old TD Corty...That's a really old shot of it...He played more with it prior to selling it

Shen Long

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice 5.7L

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

He broke it plenty of times...When you shoehorn a blown chev into a small engine bay, their ain't much room for coolers.....Not to mention he knows 2 speeds...Flat out or stop...There was no inbetweens with him....That video is an example....No lift...Just flat to the boards

There was one break he had where he actually welded the converter to the flywheel...It got that hot...The internals of the gearbox were farked...The only thing salvagable from that breakage was the gearbox housing....The rest was toast....

I could go on wit a list of breakages he had with that car, but it'd take up 50 pages

Last edited: