Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VEs are much superior to VFs. Discus.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
it is dex-cool leaking from a split in the seam of the plastic tank on the radiator and it is pooling at the bottom of the radiator around the fins and seam on the left hand side of the vehicle.
basically if you start to see pink crap around your radiator you need to take a good look to locate the source before there is no pink crap left in the radiator lol.
Aha thanks for helping out a newbie. I guessed it might be coolant from the colour. But wondered if you had something "special" in your car.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
the HT throbbed rumbled wandered spat noise at you.. even better with a tankful
of Avgas on a Saturday. Miss that with my HSV ..

you can fix that

but im sure you enjoy your tamed beast too much.

i am in two minds whether to cam and push performance.

was keen to get into to low end of the gts but prices have jumped $10-15k within 3 months.

no LSA means look at other avenues

Tailgunner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2 SSV Redline wagon
Love my VE but couldn’t imagine how it would be superior to a VF in any way shape or form, model for model (I.e. ssv to ssv)

vr, I'm disappointed man.
Give yourself an uppercut.

Tailgunner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2 SSV Redline wagon
I like the direction this thread is going in.
Great work, lads.

Tailgunner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2 SSV Redline wagon

Imma just going to leave this link here.
VF fanbois BTFO

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Chevrolet SS >> Pontiac G8.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
well if youtube vidoes are something to go by...

Angry8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF HSV Maloo UTE Walkinshaw 557
My VE SS ute was noisy brutal angry but the front end and suspension felt rough compared to my VF Maloo it also cost me an arm and a leg with maintenance , **** just kept going wrong with it . Clutch and pressure plate worn out in too short a time ,Steering pump, two fuel pumps in 13 months which is exhaust and shaft out to get to the pump , multiple random display issues leaving me with no fuel level or speed indicator .
diff shat its self spent large on a tru track then got defected by the po po which cost me 4 k only to have the cam bearings fail six months later game over .
VF smoother to drive fast as **** in a different way very linear ,suspension is amazing feels way more modern , Im lucky as mine does not have all the chrome finish everything is blacked out not sure if this was a factory HSV thing but it looks maniacal , steering is precise ,heads up display is great and my first ever auto which I have mixed feelings about , so easy to drive no heavy clutch which was awful in slow traffic , reversing and hill climb from standing start it would shudder and smell as the friction plates dragged but I do miss the manual for sheer bogan hoonability .

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
My VE SS ute was noisy brutal angry but the front end and suspension felt rough compared to my VF Maloo it also cost me an arm and a leg with maintenance , **** just kept going wrong with it . Clutch and pressure plate worn out in too short a time ,Steering pump, two fuel pumps in 13 months which is exhaust and shaft out to get to the pump , multiple random display issues leaving me with no fuel level or speed indicator .
diff shat its self spent large on a tru track then got defected by the po po which cost me 4 k only to have the cam bearings fail six months later game over .
VF smoother to drive fast as **** in a different way very linear ,suspension is amazing feels way more modern , Im lucky as mine does not have all the chrome finish everything is blacked out not sure if this was a factory HSV thing but it looks maniacal , steering is precise ,heads up display is great and my first ever auto which I have mixed feelings about , so easy to drive no heavy clutch which was awful in slow traffic , reversing and hill climb from standing start it would shudder and smell as the friction plates dragged but I do miss the manual for sheer bogan hoonability .

If the Ute was noisy brutal angry what mods were done to it to make it that way?

Maybe the failure of the clutch, pressure plate and diff were due to the extra power or the way it was driven.

If I'm reading it right, how does one get a defect for fitting a Truetrac diff?

I've owned a few modded VE's and not had the problems you've had.

I like all the extra content in the VF but I much prefer the build quality of the VE.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
If I'm reading it right, how does one get a defect for fitting a Truetrac diff?
I missed that bit ... and am intrigued ... was the defect unrelated to the diff, did the diff stop some other function like speedo from working, etc?

I've owned a few modded VE's and not had the problems you've had.
I like all the extra content in the VF but I much prefer the build quality of the VE.
I think the VF is better than the VE, with respect to what was carried over ... VF issues seem to mostly be related to whatever was new to VF, like the glitchy MyLink and the fact that the now-micron-thin paint is so over-prone to stone-chips.