Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vf calais series 1 resale

Ahjmcn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf calais
Hi all,
I'm shopping around for a vf wagon and I've noticed the calais seem to be going for a lot more than much newer sv6's. Eg, 2014 calais with 30k kms going for same price as 2016 series 2 sv6 with 15k kms. Given the features are really similar, is there something else on the calais that makes it worth more comparatively? I'm interested in getting the calais mainly for the smoother ride, but its harder too justify compared to the newer, lower kms sv6.

Any thoughts on these cars?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Do all Calais have the HUD?
I know not all SV6's do. Mind you the HUD is a blessing & a curse; without it, I may already have installed an aftermarket MyLink replacement in order to have up-to-date SatNav with alerts etc (you can get camera alerts on any VF2 with SatNav but not our MY14), but the HUD integration with the SatNav is so good that I don't want to lose it until the maps get really really old.
Yeah and the leather seats, a bit more chrome.

NN334

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V 6.0lt
I prefer the softer suspension on the Calais for touring.
I have the V model so not sure exactly on what the Calais misses on in detail

holomatrix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sportwagon
AFAIK the Calais gets the dipping left mirror when in reverse (helps to stop the whole gutter rash problem). I like my heated seats (but as I have a V I don't know whether the non-V calais gets those)

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
These scans from the VF1 brochure (printed October 2014) show the various features available as standard or options on the various models. The Calais V in particular has a lot of extra features as standard when compared to the less well-specified models, such as 3-position memory for the drivers' seat and mirrors, tilt and slide sunroof, HUD (I love this feature), satnav, 19" wheels with low profile tyres (great for cruising but can make the ride a bit skittish on poorly-maintained urban roads), sports profile steering wheel, heated front leather-faced seats, heated exterior mirrors with 'puddle lamps', rain sensing wipers, etc., etc. All this extra equipment no doubt accounts for the used price premium for the Calais and Calais V models, plus the fact that these less sporty models, although they still have plenty of grunt for normal every day driving, are more likely to have been driven in a 'less-enthusiastic' manner than the SV6's and SS's.
Regarding the ride, I recently transported two 25kg bags of potting mix in the boot of my Calais V. What a difference to the ride! It smoothed out beautifully. I'm now tempted to carry them (or a less smelly alternative) around permanently. And yeah I know, it'll affect fuel consumption and performance...

VF1_specs01.jpg VF1_specs02.jpg

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
I have my series 1 Calais V for sale if anyone is interested :)

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
These scans from the VF1 brochure (printed October 2014) show the various features available as standard or options on the various models. The Calais V in particular has a lot of extra features as standard when compared to the less well-specified models, such as 3-position memory for the drivers' seat and mirrors, tilt and slide sunroof, HUD (I love this feature), satnav, 19" wheels with low profile tyres (great for cruising but can make the ride a bit skittish on poorly-maintained urban roads), sports profile steering wheel, heated front leather-faced seats, heated exterior mirrors with 'puddle lamps', rain sensing wipers, etc., etc. All this extra equipment no doubt accounts for the used price premium for the Calais and Calais V models, plus the fact that these less sporty models, although they still have plenty of grunt for normal every day driving, are more likely to have been driven in a 'less-enthusiastic' manner than the SV6's and SS's.
Regarding the ride, I recently transported two 25kg bags of potting mix in the boot of my Calais V. What a difference to the ride! It smoothed out beautifully. I'm now tempted to carry them (or a less smelly alternative) around permanently. And yeah I know, it'll affect fuel consumption and performance...

View attachment 191395 View attachment 191396

Try a couple of pieces of heavy flagstone, they are a regular square or rectangle shape and relatively thin to preserve boot space.

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
Do all Calais have the HUD?
I know not all SV6's do. Mind you the HUD is a blessing & a curse; without it, I may already have installed an aftermarket MyLink replacement in order to have up-to-date SatNav with alerts etc (you can get camera alerts on any VF2 with SatNav but not our MY14), but the HUD integration with the SatNav is so good that I don't want to lose it until the maps get really really old.
Yeah and the leather seats, a bit more chrome.

Only the "V" Calais have it AFAIK