Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Calais suspension differences

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
The sales docs simply call it subframe bush.

Can't be too many bushes in the subframe or is it that Holden only sells the whole subframe and not the individual bushes?
The subframe is supplied complete to Holden for Manufacture and I listed the part number above. I assume the bush is pressed into the subframe and sent to Holden to just install on the production line. The bush was to stiffen the whole rear subframe so there was less movement.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
They are the rear subframe bushes and are available to buy separately. I bought a set of the motorsport rear subframe bushes at the start of the year. I'll grab the part nos and post them up next time I go in the shed.

Chubba

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV RDL
A while back, I purchased the rear subframe bushes that were VIN locked(dealer parts system) for a Motorsport.
Part numbers are 92457827 for the 2 fronts and 92457826 for the 2 rears. They also use these on the Chev SS however, from memory, they were different P/N's to the standard Redline. I did as much checking as I could at the time to ensure they were the special "stiffer" bushes. Hard to tell sometimes as there have been lots of part substitutions since 2017.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
@Chubba, thanks for the p/n’s but how much were those bushes and when did you buy them?

Chubba

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV RDL
@Chubba, thanks for the p/n’s but how much were those bushes and when did you buy them?
I paid $51 each but the RRP was $74 around the end of 2020. Some prices you scratch your head but I thought that was a reasonable price. They were purchased through a Holden dealer.

cammedclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf hsv r8 clubsport
Iv been defected for regency does anyone know the stock height from center of wheel to wheel arch for a 2013 vf hsv clubsport

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
Iv been defected for regency does anyone know the stock height from center of wheel to wheel arch for a 2013 vf hsv clubsport
A word of explanation for those of you unfortunate enough not to live in South Australia. What cammedclubby is saying is not that he has been accused of being a member of the degenerate Hellfire Club, or that he has attempted to take over the British throne. Instead, he has had his beloved (and no doubt illegal) ride defected by the good gentlemen of the South Australia Police, and has been requested (nay, compelled) to present said vehicle to Regency Park Vehicle Inspection Centre for certification that all is as it should be. Unfortunately I cannot help cammedclubby in his quest for information, but perhaps one of you lot can.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
A word of explanation for those of you unfortunate enough not to live in South Australia. What cammedclubby is saying is not that he has been accused of being a member of the degenerate Hellfire Club, or that he has attempted to take over the British throne. Instead, he has had his beloved (and no doubt illegal) ride defected by the good gentlemen of the South Australia Police, and has been requested (nay, compelled) to present said vehicle to Regency Park Vehicle Inspection Centre for certification that all is as it should be. Unfortunately I cannot help cammedclubby in his quest for information, but perhaps one of you lot can.
I think SA is more lenient than NSW in such matters; the rules are likely different though, for example in NSW as long as it’s got 10cm clearance you’d be fine regardless of factory settings.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
The minimum ride height by Regency's book is front 378mm rear 379mm. Depends on the inspector you get and may get away with 375mm but no lower or they're likely to reject it. Seems that King L's in a V8 is the lowest spring they'll accept.

Last edited: