Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Commodore "DOC" connector..

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
I too used this quide and connector to instal blackvue DR650 2ch dashcam with power module in my Redline.

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
I've used it for months now and it works a treat, however I have noticed the RAP cuts off at different times... for example sometimes it turns off when the passenger door is opened, others it waits until the drivers door is opened. Some more quirks.

Does anyone know the maximum amperage available through the DOC?

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
Did you use a multimeter to confirm the pins? My mate who did the wiring part said that the pin #'s advised on page 1/2 were different to my Redline DOC, so he used a multimeter to confirm 12+, acc and earth. He did mention something about 1 pin showing less voltage then another so he went with the higher voltage pin.
I've set mine to keep recording for 2hours after shutdown and all good, no quirks.

VF Lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
My15 Craig Lowndes Special Edition
I too used this quide and connector to instal blackvue DR650 2ch dashcam with power module in my Redline.
Hi mate. Would you have happened to take a pic of the pins used on the doc?

Im in the middle of installing mine now. Ran all wires just up to the part where i connect to doc

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sorry mate, didn't take pics as used the guide on these pages.

deltach1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Sportwagon
I found the RAP (thanks to another post on the forum)...in the rear near the battery, hooked it up to my PS8! All good! Pretty easy to find as well. I pulled the fuse and put a wire into the fuse holder, then put the fuse back in. Will put a pic up to show!
attachment.php

attachment.php
you found a RAP in the boot?

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
Did you use a multimeter to confirm the pins? My mate who did the wiring part said that the pin #'s advised on page 1/2 were different to my Redline DOC, so he used a multimeter to confirm 12+, acc and earth. He did mention something about 1 pin showing less voltage then another so he went with the higher voltage pin.
I've set mine to keep recording for 2hours after shutdown and all good, no quirks.
I did yes. The pins in my MY16 Redline were exactly as per the previous posts. Be careful the plug is not the wrong way around compared to looking at the pics.

DaggyDave

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CalaisV
you found a RAP in the boot?

My new GPS tracker needs a 12v ACC connection (old one didn't)
Has anyone found a 12v ACC (RAP) connection in the boot or do I need to run a wire from the socket behind the glovebox.
No too keen on plugging the wire in with the ACC fuse like Wayneus did; looking for something a bit more permanent

Kezzababy14

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF International
Hey
That's the dash cam I think I want to have installed. Are you happy with it? I am not keen in messing up my interior or interfere with anything. I don't want a screen and want to be able to monitor vehicle while I'm not in it. Oh and to be able to read no plates. Any info would be great. Looking for Sydney installer who cares about cars