Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Commodore "DOC" connector..

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Why can't you people just inline strip the cable going to the connector and solder a cable on before the actual connector?
Saves buying a plug.

CalaisNQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Calais V V8 , VS Calais, VS Ute & VZ SV6
Why can't you people just inline strip the cable going to the connector and solder a cable on before the actual connector?
Saves buying a plug.

Because it's a pain in the arse.

CalaisNQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
Has anyone measure the connector?
I think can have found the plug that will fit the connector, that can be ordered from the USA.
The dimension of the DOC connector under dash should be W: 33.7mm X H: 27.1mm Pin width: 2.8mm.
I'm looking to purchase a few plugs to fit, if anyone is interested.
Would like to order them while they are available now, my new car is still 2-3 weeks away.

Finally got around to look at doc connector behind the glove box.
Measured with calipers outside W: 33.7mm H: 23.3mmL: 38.3mm Pin width: 2.8mm.
The connector It looks like it's a Yazaki YSCE Kaizen Connector 2.8 series unsealed.
P/N:7282-6457-40
But the connector height is 27.1mm according to the catalogue.
Now not sure.
Link to catalogue address below, if any one is interested:
https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&...ggiMAQ&usg=AFQjCNFTud6orZveEqvOoRoVvW_K_oI5pw

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Finally got around to look at doc connector behind the glove box.
Measured with calipers outside W: 33.7mm H: 23.3mmL: 38.3mm Pin width: 2.8mm.
The connector It looks like it's a Yazaki YSCE Kaizen Connector 2.8 series unsealed.
P/N:7282-6457-40
But the connector height is 27.1mm according to the catalogue.
Now not sure.
Link to catalogue address below, if any one is interested:
https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&...ggiMAQ&usg=AFQjCNFTud6orZveEqvOoRoVvW_K_oI5pw

Bugged, have you progressed any further with determining the connector needed?

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Again, Soldering it inline is a better option. Saves stuffing around for a plug.

Or add a plug in, after said inline join, then its a easy case of just unplugging it if you want to in the future.
You guys are just making a mountain out of a molehill....

CalaisNQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
Bugged, have you progressed any further with determining the connector needed?

No didn't progress any further, as I had some pins that fitted into the connector, so I used them.

CalaisNQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
Again, Soldering it inline is a better option. Saves stuffing around for a plug.

Or add a plug in, after said inline join, then its a easy case of just unplugging it if you want to in the future.
You guys are just making a mountain out of a molehill....

Would be easier for some people that don't have the skills or confidence to to strip back wiring, and solder.

floydbloke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Connected this to a hardwire kit which converts the voltage from 12v -> 5v. Ran the dash cam under the roof lining (the roof lining near the mirror already has two precut holes for cables, I assume for Onstar or reversing camera for other markets), down the A pillar right next to the existing cable sleeve. Popped the passenger side panel (the one with the 'no child restraints' sticker on it) and stored the USB converter and connected cables in there, heaps of room. I just used some velcro tape to tape it to the support from inside the gap, just to keep it neat.

Sorry, re-igniting an old thread. I’m new to the forum and new to Commodore ownership. I’ve had mine for a week now.

Keen to install my dash-cam. I’m OK with the electrical side but am sh*t scared of doing physical damage to any trims or the clips holding them on. How difficult is it to remove (and replace :) ) the A pillar trim and the side panel that is mentioned.

(There’s a not-very-clear youtube vid:
at 01:15 of a bloke removing the A pillar trim, is it really as easy as he makes it look?)

Poor old Dad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V
How difficult is it to remove (and replace :) ) the A pillar trim and the side panel that is mentioned.

This is my first Holden in more than a decade so I'm not familiar with all the models and variations but on mine it's not difficult at all.

There's no screws attaching so just pull from the top and gently ease it off.

Don't just yank it off as there's airbag and tweeter wiring attached to it.

I didn't disconnect the wiring off the trim as old mate in the video did. There's plenty of room to feed the cable down behind it and into the area behind glovebox (which is where you'll find the doc connector).

edit: Here's my condensed install version from another thread

Remove glovebox
Install dashcam
Hide cabling behind roof lining
Pop out passenger side A Pilllar cover (no screw on mine, just pull from the top first - be wary of airbag wiring)
Run cable down behind airbag apparatus into area behind glovebox
Find DOC connector (easy to find, it's the only one there)
On mine there are only 3 (or maybe 4) pins inc Earth, Acc, 12v constant.
Work out which is which with test light or multimeter
I bought the powerbox as well so the dashcam male end (to power) inserts into the powerbox female socket which in turn is connected to the DOC socket.
I used these http://tinyurl.com/hu5xa9g to connect socket wires to DOC socket pins (just need to spread them a little). I'm a bit old fashioned so I soldered cable end into the blade terminals. I connected the earth wire to a bolt in the area.
edit: Forgot to mention that I stuck the powerbox (Vicovation Power Plus) in the back corner of the glovebox and because of the connector position didn't need to drill a hole, just fed the wires up beside the glovebox and over the side wall.
I wrapped power male/female + extra cabling in some foam and cable tied out of the way - there's plenty of room in there.

Test, put everything back together, enjoy.

Last edited: