Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

HemiMagic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE, CL Charger, VK Charger, Motorsport
Hi all, I've been a member here for a while, but this is my first post. My SV6 Storm is about 6 months old and I've had no problems with it. Today, while driving the radio dies. The MyLink went black. A few seconds later it re-booted & all was fine. When I get home and pull into the garage and lock the car, I noticed the drivers side only front and rear park lights are on. I unlocked & re-locked, but still on. I had to turn the lights on , then off at the switch to get them to go out. Very strange!

Relating back to PABXMAN, My Redline has done that a number of times. It had it's 15k service Approx 3 months ago and hasn't done it since.

Bhp Steel

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
holden
HI,
Anyone else had there GPS suddenly loose satellite reception?
Went to use ours the other day and it wasnt picking up any satellites.

Is it a fault or a setting needing adjusted somewhere?

cheers

My Sept. 2013 SV6 Auto went blank a couple of times...and I seem to remember it coming up and saying " that this was not a designated road ".....after blanking out...any way this road is no problem now as it does not say " that this is not a designated road " anymore and shows this road as normal.

This was one of the very early VF's manufactured....and as somebody mentioned earlier about auto updates...I wonder if this a very early Auto Mylink update that is not available on the current models....it works 100%....even alerts me to accidents and traffic congestion ahead...with icons on the screen with their location.

Yes I note the Ute does not come with a spare anymore...and they have done away with DVD player with Mylink....satellite reception is ok here and I live in a rural area....ah well next it will come with 2 front wheels and the 2 back wheels are an optional extra:surprise:

Bhp Steel

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
holden
make sure your areal is screwed in properly

The screw in aerial is only for the wireless (Radio)....does not effect the Sat. Nav. whether it is in or missing...the aerial for the Sat.Nav. is located in the bulge just forward of the screw in aerial...it is in the elongated section.....there is no Sat. Nav. available for the car if the elongated section is not on the roof.....just a round section for the wireless aerial.

Sprockette

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6 ute Wildfire
No spare with the ute??? WTH??? What about those of us who live in rural areas. Vehicles should come with a spare!

</3

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv redline ute
No spare with the ute??? WTH??? What about those of us who live in rural areas. Vehicles should come with a spare!

So buy a interceptor big enough to go over the brakes assuming you have a redline? Not a massive deal breaker considering how cheap you can pick one up for

monkey

Donating Member
Reaction score

Are you guys talking about tyres? I thought, in SA at least, it made a car defectable not to carry a spare tyre? Do the utes not come with a tyre lever or jack either?

monkey

Donating Member
Reaction score
Did a bit of a google search and sounds like it isnt compulsory to carry a spare. They just say that it is advisable to carry one. Though if you do it must be roadworthy and comply just like the other 4. Vehicle jacks however it seems may not necessarily be covered by an ADR .

Well there ya go. I assumed if the vehicle came out with one you must carry it. Cant believe the utes dont have one! Is it an option maybe? I know Id rather change a tyre than wait god knows how long for someone else to do it. Bit unAustralian especially for a ute.

Edit: Dont forget, Im just an idiot doing a google search, so dont take my word as gospel.

crazybiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore V6
Some of the utes do come with a spare, however, the Redline comes with nothing spare, no tools, no jack, nothing. Just a tyre pump with some foam to inject into the tyre.

RustyNail

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 UTE
My SV6 ute came with a space saver spare or optional full size.
The full size option would have added 3 weeks to the delivery.
So when it arrived i had the dealer swap the space saver to the ve i traded and put the steel spare on the new vf

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
I'm constantly amazed how much dealers get basic info wrong. I had a dealer tell me that no VF ute's, HSV or Holden came with anything other than a can and compressor. Admittedly, this was around 6 months ago and things may have changed, however the head f#*k that the combination of Dealer, Brochure and Website gave me about this time last year was almost enough for me to be medicated for stress! There was to much conflicting information and I guess that's why there's the disclaimer at the bottom of the screen/back page "Subject to change without notice" but I never noticed it stamped to the salespersons forehead, what's their excuse when they speak through there arse. Anyways back on topic good news for ute owners being able to option a full size spare, that's assuming RustyNail's salesperson ain't taking shite. (No offence to RustyNail or salesperson)