Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF JW Speaker LED Headlights

mrjasonhong

Reaction score
Members Ride
SOAG MY17 VFII SS-V Redline Sportwagon
Hi Jason, did the low beam HIDS give you any more depth than the standard globes.
if by depth you mean distance, definitely. General light output is amazing as well.

mrjasonhong

Reaction score
Members Ride

JivRedline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Berlina, MY17 VF II SSV Redline
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6q-4TljCr-NZ2V4dGpPdHdUSXc/view?usp=sharing

Here you go mate.

It doesnt show in the video, but the blinks are instant on and instant off. The bulbs i used are part of the kit i bought from blingautoworks includes front, sides and back + canbus resistor for the back. Fits sedan and wagon (mines a wagon). Don't know about utes though

They look amazing! I'm definitely gonna buy a set! Ahaha. Are they easy to install man? Not too keen to pay a lot for installation again ahaha. Also any error codes? And are they bright during the day too?

mrjasonhong

Reaction score
Members Ride
Front indicators u need to go through the wheel arch. Side ones u need to get the grille thingo off. an old credit card or trim removal tool wrapped in a microfibre should do the trick. The back, as u would change a bulb plus you need to splice in the resistor and find a place to mount it.

This is the kit i bought. http://www.blingworkauto.com.au/pro...d-indicators-package-for-holden-vf-commodore/

and yes still very bright during the day. brighter than the stock bulbs by heaps.

edit: no errors at all as the ones in the kit are specifically designed for the VF.

JivRedline

Reaction score
Members Ride
Front indicators u need to go through the wheel arch. Side ones u need to get the grille thingo off. an old credit card or trim removal tool wrapped in a microfibre should do the trick. The back, as u would change a bulb plus you need to splice in the resistor and find a place to mount it.

This is the kit i bought. http://www.blingworkauto.com.au/pro...d-indicators-package-for-holden-vf-commodore/

and yes still very bright during the day. brighter than the stock bulbs by heaps.

edit: no errors at all as the ones in the kit are specifically designed for the VF.

Cheers man! I think I'll most likely change the front and side indicators only.

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute

JivRedline

Reaction score
Members Ride

Hey mate, I still haven't ordered the LED indicators since last messaging you about them ahah. I'm just about to order them this weekend, but I just wanted to ask how the LED's are holding up for you? thanks

mrjasonhong

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey mate, I still haven't ordered the LED indicators since last messaging you about them ahah. I'm just about to order them this weekend, but I just wanted to ask how the LED's are holding up for you? thanks
Hey Jiv,
The LEDs have been faultless on all corners of the car. No canbus errors. The rears I've got off my ass and put them in recently so can't comment yet. But the front and sides have been on the car since March and not a single problem, the car is daily driven of course.

JivRedline

Reaction score
Members Ride
That's great to hear! Thanks mate

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6q-4TljCr-NZ2V4dGpPdHdUSXc/view?usp=sharing

Here you go mate.

It doesnt show in the video, but the blinks are instant on and instant off. The bulbs i used are part of the kit i bought from blingautoworks includes front, sides and back + canbus resistor for the back. Fits sedan and wagon (mines a wagon). Don't know about utes though

Not enough room in the ute to fit load resistors, probably need access to the loom in the rear quarters to fit the resistors...