Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Redline MY17 TPMS differences?

M

mwb235

So if one updated their BMC to include TPMS and Paddles, does this mean if Holden service connect your car to their diag system to update vehicle software, they can wipe your added features?

Does anyone have an outline how the features are updated/added to BMC?

Guess it’s the same sort of issue with engine and trans tune s/w updates, can these also be wiped by service?

Skylarking I know it’s only been a few weeks since your post, but did you find out anything about this?

I’ll be getting TPMS added to my BCM and dash cluster next week, I’m just a bit worried it could be wiped/deleted on a service etc.

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
AFAIK the VF series 2 sensors are different. I’m not sure in what way. Do a search for “VF TPMS” on ebay and you’ll see the different ones available. Looks like series 1 are blue whereas series 2 are black & different shape. Hopefully someone else on here can confirm...
I ended up using the blue ones in my MY16. There a better design than the MY17 ones IMO.

Tryg

Reaction score
Members Ride
a white car
Skylarking I know it’s only been a few weeks since your post, but did you find out anything about this?

I’ll be getting TPMS added to my BCM and dash cluster next week, I’m just a bit worried it could be wiped/deleted on a service etc.
Same question about TPMS and also Performance Menu...can they be wiped on service?

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
Same question about TPMS and also Performance Menu...can they be wiped on service?
Ive had mine serviced and no issues. If you needed cluster or bcm reprogrammed then yes, you will lose the added in stuff then.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition

I was hoping someone on these forums knew the real answer.

At the end of the day it likely depends on how Holden has structured the BMC firmware. That is, whether the firmware is split into separate objects for each ‘feature’ with one overall control object and whether individual feature or control objects can be updated in isolation from each other or whether this all need to be updated as a complete rewrite. It could also depend on what Holden has actually released as an update.

The service tool could also play a part in what happens, whether it does checksum checks of the firmware at update and what happens if it finds a discrepancy (due to fiddlingby adding other feature objects or setting some flag).

I really don’t know but before I’d pay a 3rd party to mod the BMC firmware, I’d want affirmation that it can’t be wiped by Holden or some reassurences that i can have it reprogrammed if it is wiped by Holden.

M

mwb235

I was hoping someone on these forums knew the real answer.

At the end of the day it likely depends on how Holden has structured the BMC firmware. That is, whether the firmware is split into separate objects for each ‘feature’ with one overall control object and whether individual feature or control objects can be updated in isolation from each other or whether this all need to be updated as a complete rewrite. It could also depend on what Holden has actually released as an update.

The service tool could also play a part in what happens, whether it does checksum checks of the firmware at update and what happens if it finds a discrepancy (due to fiddlingby adding other feature objects or setting some flag).

I really don’t know but before I’d pay a 3rd party to mod the BMC firmware, I’d want affirmation that it can’t be wiped by Holden or some reassurences that i can have it reprogrammed if it is wiped by Holden.

Thanks for the info

M

mwb235

I finally got my TPMS programmed last Thursday 7th June by JSB Performance. Had the sensors fitted today. All working no problems.

57BB43EB-784F-48EB-837B-B2FF6F997639.jpeg

M

mwb235

Pressures looking low! ;)

I think it’s ok as 244 kPa is about 35 psi. 236kPa is about 34psi. Psi is 1/7th of kPa.

I have to get used to kPa as I’ve always worked with psi!

I believe it can’t be changed to show psi since my car is metric, unless it’s for export cars that use imperial measurements.

I can live with that. It’s just so nice to now have a feature that should’ve been standard on Calais V.