Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Redline power upgrade

GH05T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
just to update, the reason they are so much quieter is they have used a huge.... and i mean fkin huge duel resonators.
these are supposed to remove and crackle on downshift... which i miss. and they make it much quieter.... i am currently removing mine thank you very much.

IMAG2793_zpsybrlk1fw.jpg

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Let us know what it sounds like Gho5t when you are done.

GH05T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
i will try to take a video/ sound byte before and after,
will be within the next few weeks when i can find the time.

offshore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Those long mufflers mate are great because they get rid of drone if you take them out you will have drone.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Those long mufflers mate are great because they get rid of drone if you take them out you will have drone.

I have just been through all that, testing size / sound moan and drone thing. Those resonators do bugger all, nothing for drone. GH05T is correct they attenuate higher frequency like rasp and crackle at the expense of velocity. Not a good thing otherwise stuffs up the function of a proper x-pipe. Better off straight through from cat back and canon after the second harmonic (behind the x), before the silencers.

BTW I doubt those DPE silencers are built to cancel drone anyway! If that is an issue at some point then run a pipe to counter the stock resonance, like I did, like this:

072EAAD7-2B37-425C-AA5B-F33951B93290.jpg

Pipe (helmholtz resonator) tucks around between spare and bumper, still loud and sexy but you never need to worry about drone again.

offshore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
How do they reduce velocity there straight through and they have done countless hours of dyno and track testing with these. Mine doesnt drone at all with the 3inch DF 1 7/8 long tubes but mines a manual. There really setup for big HP mine now has a real bark and urgency to it compared to when it was just on a stock L77 with tune.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
How do they reduce velocity there straight through

The resonators do no good performance wise as I said.

They have done countless hours of dyno and track testing with these.

And they are still fricken useless apart from reducing bark.

Mine doesnt drone at all with the 3inch DF 1 7/8 long tubes but mines a manual.

I doubt that very much given all you have said.

There really setup for big HP

What does that mean, a drag car or speed boat airplane or something? Sounds like an excuse for not being ideal for your car, maybe lacks mid range? Got a dyno sheet?

mine now has a real bark and urgency to it compared to when it was just on a stock L77 with tune.

Urgency to get an up-to-date system that suits your car! A video would do the trick.

offshore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
For a dyno sheet mid range check the last post in the dyno page

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
For a dyno sheet mid range check the last post in the dyno page

Thanks for that, I thought as per thread you were talking VF Redline with the L77. Yes those headers would suit a 6.2, and with all the extra power the supercharger gives any loss with the long resonator is not as important.

So you are putting the LSA in front of a manual?

offshore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Its already in with the twin plate clutch goes hard. The best thing about these motors is the torque and instant response no lag its getting setup for road racing not drags.