Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Release date?

Essassin

Bends spacetime
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Wagon, E36 318is Coupe
I have also heard late 2013 for the VF release. I've heard the VE will receive another facelift before the VF comes out as well.

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
Mate PERSONALL, what i have learnt was NEVER buy a brand new car from holden. My VE 07 old man had bought it for 38,500 and sold it for 26,000 with 110,000ks. My uncle on his WM CAPRISE 6.0L he had bought for 64,000 and he sold it for 45,000 wit 70,000Ks on it. And my current VE SV6, brand new purchased for 34,000 and done 45,000ks and dealer offered me a trade in for a new thunder ute for 28,000.

What im trying to say is Buying a brand new car unless you own it for a few year(holden) u will loose money, PERSONALLY i would sell the OMEGA buy a secound hand with low ks ve ss/ssv for max 30 grand then 2015 buy a secound hand VF.

THEN AGAIN THAT IS ONLY MY OPINION :)
this is not an issue isolated to holden buy any large sedan and you take the hit
go buy a merc or BMW and watch you cash roll out over three years

SteveHatz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
95% of these posts have been off topic but i have enjoyed the read regardless

what I'm really trying to get at though is whether or not to wait for the VF to come out or not

spose i could have a series 2 for 2 1/2 years and then trade in...IF i like the VF's when they come out, i sure as hell know that I love VE's though

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
A 5ltr 315kw DI V8 sounds like a cracker. Not to mention some big weight savings. The VF will be sweet and won't need charging I reckon....well not for a while anyway.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
95% of these posts have been off topic but i have enjoyed the read regardless

what I'm really trying to get at though is whether or not to wait for the VF to come out or not

spose i could have a series 2 for 2 1/2 years and then trade in...IF i like the VF's when they come out, i sure as hell know that I love VE's though

Steve

The VF will be basically the VE bodyshell with substantially redesigned front end sheet metal, from the windscreen forward. There will be styling variations at the rear but I believe they will be restricted to bumpers and lights. Wheels magazine had an article about the VF a couple of months ago and reckoned that the rear quarter panels will be restyled but I doubt that because of the cost. Engines will be further refined - there will probably be a more powerful V6 but I couldn't be sure about the V8's. Interior design will probably be pretty extensively overhauled. Rumour has it that lightweight panels will be used to reduce overall weight and improve economy. This should happen because the Feds recently donated bulk dollars to Holden as part of their Green Vehicles program, on the proviso that the money is used to develop more economical cars.

The car will cost more than a VE does now, will probably use less fuel, will weigh less, probably feel about the same to drive and will look different. It will make the VE look out of date, so your resale on a VE II will suffer as it always does when a new-look model is released. It's really up to you whether you can wait another two years or so for the new model.

SteveHatz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Steve

The VF will be basically the VE bodyshell with substantially redesigned front end sheet metal, from the windscreen forward. There will be styling variations at the rear but I believe they will be restricted to bumpers and lights. Wheels magazine had an article about the VF a couple of months ago and reckoned that the rear quarter panels will be restyled but I doubt that because of the cost. Engines will be further refined - there will probably be a more powerful V6 but I couldn't be sure about the V8's. Interior design will probably be pretty extensively overhauled. Rumour has it that lightweight panels will be used to reduce overall weight and improve economy. This should happen because the Feds recently donated bulk dollars to Holden as part of their Green Vehicles program, on the proviso that the money is used to develop more economical cars.

The car will cost more than a VE does now, will probably use less fuel, will weigh less, probably feel about the same to drive and will look different. It will make the VE look out of date, so your resale on a VE II will suffer as it always does when a new-look model is released. It's really up to you whether you can wait another two years or so for the new model.

wow, thanks for all that info...it's a big help
decisions, decisions........

Nikk_90

TINBUM
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
fords 1st gear(auto) is a weapon!! goes to 80km/h. my mates xr6 kept up with a vs ss.... while i was putting along behind :(

ha. if it was anything recent wouldn't you be asking yourself why it was only 'keeping up'.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
I've just read through 4 pages with about 3 posts on topic :hmmm: And all I have to add is...

well its either v6 or straight 6.. and s/c or turbo. so ford didnt have that much options lol

You're forgetting the flat 6 that porsche use, Cam! haha

That's me done! :thumbsup:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
LULZ @ the fan boi's in this thread. Why are the biggest fan twats always V6 owners?

Priceless.