Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Sat Nav

vy_berlina03

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6 Storm
I can confirm RojanJosh has the latest maps as my 2015 does not have that address even under Wilton.

Next challenge is to get Holden to admit that they have a map upgrade and get them to apply it.

Black5

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Senator
Protesting on this forum will have little effect, but if we make a concerted effort at a group protest with a consistent message to all the state consumer affairs bodies and to Holden, (and HSV in some cases), we may be able to make some sort of impact.

At the very least, we can hopefully generate enough interest to drown them in a sea of emails letting them know of our dissatisfaction.

If it attracts some media attention - even better.

These email addresses are a good starting point:
[email protected];
[email protected]

Let's all ensure we continually harass our relevant dealers as well.

If we don't get a response, I am planning to escalate directly to the personal email addresses of individuals within senior management in both organisations. (And will publish their email addresses here for others to do the same.)

For further escalation:

NSW - NCAT http://www.ncat.nsw.gov.au/
VIC - VCAT https://www.vcat.vic.gov.au/

Let's add all the other relevant state bodies as well.

Despite the cessation of local manufacturing, the Holden brand is still planned to continue in Australia and abandoning support for the last of the line of local products is not a good marketing strategy to move forward on.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
If any of you good folk are active anywhere that a lot of people see, for example social media like Faecebook, I think that's going to have a lot more effect than emails. An email is a good idea, don't get me wrong, but they're very private so aren't likely to have a lot of effect in terms of changing Holden's priority in fixing whatever's broken such that they can't properly release it.

*edit*
I've just been chatting with the lovely Gretchen on DriveChat (the messaging thingy that pops-up whenever you visit a dealer site), and a consultant will be contacting me to tell me when the maps will be available on Monday.
I think I know what the answer will be ... but hey, might as well make 'em aware people are asking!

Last edited:

vf2v8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR
Guys I have already posted about map updates here on JC .. I have had my maps updated and it is documented
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...t-for-a-map-update.255047/page-6#post-2865371

They already have a map update , they are just BS you and string you along and give you months in the future they will be released, I had mine done last July as per YT Video below. No it didn't cost me anything either, nor will the next update.

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/attachments/serviceinvoice_ggcdb257084_redacted-pdf.183277/

Haha- re my comment at #10 - no wonder I've been having trouble trying to work it out when the service guy is holding instructions and still looks like he's clueless

Black5

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Senator
If any of you good folk are active anywhere that a lot of people see, for example social media like Faecebook, I think that's going to have a lot more effect than emails. An email is a good idea, don't get me wrong, but they're very private so aren't likely to have a lot of effect in terms of changing Holden's priority in fixing whatever's broken such that they can't properly release it.

*edit*
I've just been chatting with the lovely Gretchen on DriveChat (the messaging thingy that pops-up whenever you visit a dealer site), and a consultant will be contacting me to tell me when the maps will be available on Monday.
I think I know what the answer will be ... but hey, might as well make 'em aware people are asking!
I certainly don't disagree.
The more public mediums we can get this discussion into the better...

mxp_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Searching ....
Amazing to think it's so hard for updated maps to be supplied.

I mean, melways had a new map defined, drawn, printed and released annually.

And these days, with all the new technology, we get outdated maps?

vy_berlina03

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6 Storm
I have spoken to Holden today and they have advised there is a new map update for MY14 to MY16 vechiles which is meant to be released at the end of this month.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
IMG_0834.JPG

View attachment 190149 View attachment 190148

Because you have the address wrong, it is in Wilton , not Bingara Gorge. Google Maps confirms this and yes it is my Sat Nav as 12 Canopy Crescent Wilton NSW

Well I'm going to throw a spanner in the works on this one..Mine is 9/15 build (one of the first VF2's) and it recognises that Wilton address. I've never asked for an update for it or anything like that..go figure..

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
^ Now I'm going to have to try again tomorrow & find out whether the maps people have the wrong suburb-name, and it's there in ours too ...