Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SS first modifications

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
Also plenty of debate with regard to springs/shocks or Coilovers.
I choose Coilovers, never looked back since my first set in a WM Caprice.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Dropping the height can prove problematic and can involve some compromises for a few reasons

Of the top of my head

1. Legalities: adjustable may require engineering certificate, check you local authority, or send it

2. Comfort: or loss of compliance, for the street the last thing you want is a bumpy, jiggly, crashy ride, 95% of aftermarket coilovers are trash, over sprung and valved by monkeys, you need to ensure your dampers/valving/stroke are matched to your springs

3. Performance: what works for a racetrack is a compromise for the street, but a street setup works better at the drags than something designed for a circuit

4. Geometry: alot of thought is put into the design of all of the suspension components, going to low, or high, will negatively effect performance and engineering and modified components may be required to bring it back to optimal, possible camber and toe solutions to name 2

5. Ride height: I'm at stock FE2 height and I scrape on some big speed humps and the occasional driveway, it was lower when I first got the car but it was a PITA, plus with oem spec springs and dampers the car still squats and hooks quite well

6. Cost: it is easy to go cheap, but cheap is typically cheap for a reason, comprises, if your going aftermarket, why own a performance car and cheap out on performance

For the good word, or what I believe the good word is as I have used their suspension before, get in contact with MCA, Australian company with great support

https://mcasuspension.com/shop/catalog/152/VF-Sedan/Wagon

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Bootlid badge is actually bigger than OEM in that location. That SS badge is a door badge :( Looks too big there...

Flaggers

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VF SS
Nice one. Looks way better with the wheels and badges I think.
Also the plates, I put black and white slimlines on my new daily too, those blue and white plates are horrible.
Good stuff.

Yeah mate I can’t stand those big white and blue ones hey. Thanks, still can’t get over the v8 sound.. absolutely love the burble and crackles. Very keen to get a new exhaust and open her up even more.

Flaggers

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VF SS
Bootlid badge is actually bigger than OEM in that location. That SS badge is a door badge :( Looks too big there...

The badge was the exact same size as the one I took off, I checked it before I swapped them. Maybe just looks a little different because I took the picture closer up or something?

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
The badge was the exact same size as the one I took off, I checked it before I swapped them. Maybe just looks a little different because I took the picture closer up or something?

nah mate, it's a door badge - looks pretty weird on the bootlid.

Holden badge is also on a weird angle. Mind you the silver one was slightly worse - wonder wtf happened there....?

Last edited:

Flaggers

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VF SS
nah mate, it's a door badge - looks pretty weird on the bootlid.

Holden badge is also on a weird angle. Mind you the silver one was slightly worse - wonder wtf happened there....?

Damn that is annoying. What about the silver one that was on there before? Previous owner had a door badge on the bootlid or what? Cause they were exactly the same size, had the badges side by side before I swapped them.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Damn that is annoying. What about the silver one that was on there before? Previous owner had a door badge on the bootlid or what? Cause they were exactly the same size, had the badges side by side before I swapped them.

the SS badge is the YUUUGE one from the door. Just lookup some product shots or sales on carsales.

here ya go, from the googles

1622094766907.png

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS

Silver one was also door badge...
And yes...lion badge is not straight.
That would drive me mad ;)