Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SS first modifications

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I assume you didn't de-badge it?
Maybe whoever did the de-badging thought they'd better put a badge on it to sell it, or something like that?
No real way to know why they did what they did!

PS. the reflection in the bootlid gives away the fact that you've got 3 legs!! :)

img_3259-jpg.222714

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
I assume you didn't de-badge it?
Maybe whoever did the de-badging thought they'd better put a badge on it to sell it, or something like that?
No real way to know why they did what they did!

PS. the reflection in the bootlid gives away the fact that you've got 3 legs!! :)

img_3259-jpg.222714
Don't know how many people would debadge an SS, but I personally know a few panel beaters that have debadged and rebadged mine without care. It hasn't been repainted?

Flaggers

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VF SS
Hahaha, 3 legs mate. Alien form over here.

Any links to some good proper black badges then? The site I bought these ones from was called fldesigned.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Hahaha, 3 legs mate. Alien form over here.

Any links to some good proper black badges then? The site I bought these ones from was called fldesigned.

there's HEAPS on ebay - genuine GM - Just be sure to get the correct series and edition, so if you have a V or V Redline series 1 and 2 are different.

beware the repros, usually not as good quality.

Last edited:

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
there's HEAPS on ebay - genuine GM - Just be sure to get the correct series and edition, so if you have a V or V Redline series 1 and 2 are different.

beware the repros, usually not as good quality.
I had black knock offs on my VX when I first got it, they looked cheap, rubbish, and were slightly off size wise, they lasted about 2 days

Go OE for sure

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Doesn't the Holden lion boot badge have two pins in it to stop it from being placed on the wrong way?

Flaggers

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VF SS
Doesn't the Holden lion boot badge have two pins in it to stop it from being placed on the wrong way?

Yeah it did actually and now that I think about it, the silver badge that I took off wasn't actually pinned in and just some glue/tape. Guessing the car was debadged by previous owner and then the car dealership has put some badges on prior to their sale or something.

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
Don't know how many people would debadge an SS, but I personally know a few panel beaters that have debadged and rebadged mine without care. It hasn't been repainted?
Repainted, as in vehicle been in accident repainted.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
^ I had held back from saying that 'cos he's bought it now, I can't think why he needs to know that.

The sides have been debadged on our car, you might wonder why. And you'd most likely not guess it was done by the dealer when it was new 'cos they applied some fake woodgrain vinyls & needed to remove the door badges to do it.
There are plenty of reasons! :)

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
^ I had held back from saying that 'cos he's bought it now, I can't think why he needs to know that.

The sides have been debadged on our car, you might wonder why. And you'd most likely not guess it was done by the dealer when it was new 'cos they applied some fake woodgrain vinyls & needed to remove the door badges to do it.
There are plenty of reasons! :)
Knowledge is power. Don't want to be taking to new paint with wax or compound. And if by chance a guard/s had been painted, it might be something one would want to mention to the technician if/when rolling. It wasn't something I took pleasure in suggesting, but as you say, there's plenty of reasons why, so probability is on his side.