Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SS first modifications

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
With injector failures, you start to get occasional rough idle which progressively gets worse. You can get fault codes being flagged and you may find the injector resistance isn’t to spec... Cost to fix should be free as Holden should replace them all under factory warrant or good will (statutory warranty), presumably with injectors that don’t have thie defect (but Daniel Sousa seems to be having the same issue with the replaced injectors)

As for lifters, supposedly these need periodic precautionary replacement at 100,000kms though it’s not documented on any official GM/H doc I’ve seen. Rockers on the other hand are a known issue as the roller cage can wear and the rollers fall out which isn’t great. This is a different issue to the defective rockers installed in some LS3s and all fixed via (ghost?) recall... If you have issues with lifters or rockers, you’d start to hear squeaks and ticking sounds that may progressively get worse... and then bang, something may break or you get shiny flecks of metal in your oil... both not good...

That was for the original Delphi DOD lifters in the L76, they were replaced by redesigned AC Delco lifters, which carried over to the L77.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
That was for the original Delphi DOD lifters in the L76, they were replaced by redesigned AC Delco lifters, which carried over to the L77.
but that whore of a lifter left a pain that can still be felt today :p

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Repainted, as in vehicle been in accident repainted.

this would have been very unusual as the alloy boot is very easy to bend.

this photo is of my boot after a super minor accident - boot had a slight bend in it and needed to be replaced.

top deck of the boot had a bend that my repairer picked up. (also pictured... correct badge for SSV Redline series 1 :p)

1622328353883.png

1622328403291.png

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
^ Boot might not have been damaged ... blending properly sometimes means painting the entire thing.
But given the colour & the fact it’s an SS, a de-vinyl’d police car isn’t super unlikely. Although you’d notice the holes in the interior, unless the person who bought the ex-cop car replaced that stuff (which I’d do) & the OP is the third owner.

Flaggers

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VF SS
So something I keep seeing on a few different upgrade packages when looking at LS3 packages is "Facia & Side Infill Panels".

What exactly is that and what does it do?

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
So something I keep seeing on a few different upgrade packages when looking at LS3 packages is "Facia & Side Infill Panels".

Stock
images.jpeg-17.jpg

Aftermarket CAI with infill
OTR_image_s.png

CAI without infill
images.jpeg-18.jpg

Hq King

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2 Magnum

The facia panels are covers on each of the otr and the infill goes where the old air box used to be . Purely cosmetic

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Thanks for that. Can't decide whether I like the look of it or not tbh.

Its only an issue if you leave the bonnet open...:cool: