Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SS Music Questions

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
Oh well, guess I was misinformed and using outdated info. Sorry, my bad.
Although, in my defense, I did try a USB stick with 1500 MP3s in my 2015 (SYNC1) Ranger and it took quite a while to index then would not show all the files (around a third were not available). Haven't had access to a Holden system to test it out on.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
My 4500-odd-by-now library, copied straight from iTunes so whatever folder-structure it builds, used to take something like 5 minutes to index. It's way faster since then, and the software hasn't been upgraded; my guess is something wasn't caching when it was supposed to be, and now it is.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I think the only limitation on Mylink(and IQ) is that folders have a limit of 255 files per folder.

I have over 800 files in some folders without any trouble.

SSteve

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SSV Redline Manual Heron White
Thanks everyone for the info here. Just ordered the USB (thanks @panhead ) $19 delivered.

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
$19 delivered... or just go to your local Woolworths and pick up a 32GB Lexar S45 Jumpdrive (same size, in fact a mm or 2 smaller than the Sandisk) for $20 in your hand that day. Every day price.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
$19 delivered... or just go to your local Woolworths and pick up a 32GB Lexar S45 Jumpdrive (same size, in fact a mm or 2 smaller than the Sandisk) for $20 in your hand that day. Every day price.

Does it have the speed of the ScanDisk because if it's slower and you have a lot of files it can mean irritatingly slow indexing every time you switch on or even worse a frozen screen?

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
Does it have the speed of the ScanDisk because if it's slower it can mean irritatingly slow indexing every time you switch on or even worse a frozen screen?

I haven't got one... yet. But reviews show it has slightly higher read/write speeds than the Sandisk.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I haven't got one... yet. But reviews show it has slightly higher read/write speeds than the Sandisk.

That sounds good.

Have you got a link to it as the last Lexar I used in one of my other cars was too slow.

The above one is good valve when it's on special and it only takes a few days to arrive and saves a trip.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars