Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SS Series 2 Paddle Shifter

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
Thank you for the offer.
Now located in Coffs Harbour.
They look easy to use and navigate around. Are they?
Easy enough once set up .Refer to this thread

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Powertrain calibration difference will be down to the difference in transmission for V6 and V8
That doesn’t seem to be the case.

If you look through the controller pull down list after you enter your VIN, you’ll see other controllers, like engine controller, that when selected provides another pull down which allow selection of hardware modules (the physical controller itself). When such a hardware module is selected, and you subsequently select programming, then you’ll see another pull down which provides options to select other appropriate physical hardware (like gearbox, tyres or such)... It’s quite convoluted but the BCM doesn’t have such convolutions as it’s a straight function -> programming path...

As such, it seems to me that the BMC Powertrain Controller (software) module simply contains the software file related to powertrain related stuff that are connected to the BMC. Stuff like the flippy flappy paddles and the performance mode selection knob below the gearstick that the motorsports editions gets, possibly other physical stuff the driver could turns, twirls or pushes that also connect to BCM and the power train needs to know about. Since such Powertrain stuff is connected to BMC, it must passes control messages to the appropriate powertrain controller via CAN bus and then that controller can do its thing...

How Holden/GM compile/build these part numbers is anyone’s guess and they don’t say so it’s impossible for us to know what differences there are between 92287423 and 92272129 :rolleyes:

So in terms of Tis2Web stuff, the Powertrain Controller module number is just a product number. It doesn’t tell us what it’s capabilities are. One product number may provide for flappy paddles which would only ever be linked within Tis2Web if it’s an auto but the type of auto may seem irrelevant and isn’t elaborated via hardware as it is for other modules.

Unfortunately the module name is similar to calling an OS “Windows“ which would make the part number analogous to the product SKU.... But none of that tells us whether it’s windows 7, what service pack is loaded and what monthly patch level has also been installed, what applications have been loaded, etc... such detail aren’t apparent from the module name or part number. Such info could be provided but dumbed down service technicians don’t need to know such stuff... All they need to know is how to enter a VIN and click buttons to check the versions currently loaded in your vehicle and the system does the rest to suggest updates... An accessory install worksheet like the one for the flippy flappy paddles can have some needed info on how to set some parameters but if that parameter doesn’t exist and the worksheet doesn’t specify an appropriate module update (which must be reflected in the service system for that VIN), then they are lost...

Just keep in mind that in the USA, customers can buy features that require GM update their VIN database to reflect the added feature which a tech can then install/configure via service tools. We don’t have such processes down under so aren’t so lucky :(

At the end of the day, it’s guesses on my part after looking through some Tis2Web data but who really knows. Once I get a VXDIAD NANO or similar, I may be able to understand a little more but doubt it as service techs would understand such if it could be worked out...

White_One1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF SS Ute
Hi All,

Quick one I have a 2016 SS Black edition, and I recently bought an after market paddle shift kit from Melbourne with module that wont work on my car apparently due to an extra factory wire in the steering column. This was sold to me as plug and play, clearly that didn't go well. As I now have the flat bottom wheel and paddles installed, does anyone know if the genuine kit is still able to be purchased and installed by Holden? The kit with the module I bought I have now chalked up to experience, which was an expensive mistake.

Cheers

Hey mate, I'm currently looking at getting a kit atm, just wondering did you get everything sorted??