Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SS Ute sailplane brake light

VL Executive

VY SS Ute - Just got 1!
Reaction score
Members Ride
3 VL's, VK EFi, VX S, VY SS Ute, VF SSVR Ute
Hi everyone, Where about's does the brake light plug into?
I had my new SSV redline ute in for its 1 month checkup and I was told that the sailplane brake light wasnt working. Id say the reason being that I had the sportsbar removed which has its own high mount light on it. They have not reconnected the sailplane light?
They want the car back at the dealership workshop for a full day to get the light working again. But if its just a matter of plugging in a light. Why should it take a day to do that?

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
The sailplane light could be in the same line with the sport bar light hence unplugging the sport bar light breaks the circuit? Just guessing here. It reminds me of the old fashion Christmas tree lightings, one blown bulb and the whole thing doesn't work.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
If it came with a sailplane then there is a plug behind it.

Take it off and check if you dare but be very careful not to break the clips and just make sure they didn't fit it with double sided tape running along the top edge.

Mavericks Choice

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV M6, VF2 LS3 Calais V, VZ 6L M6 Crewie
As mentioned the loom is right behind the plane as I had mine off a few months, very difficult to remove without breaking the lugs off the plane though!

VL Executive

VY SS Ute - Just got 1!
Reaction score
Members Ride
3 VL's, VK EFi, VX S, VY SS Ute, VF SSVR Ute
Ok, Thanks fellas. Thay said at the dealership it was a finicky job to do. Just didn't understand why they wanted the car for the whole day. And if it was simple enough, Id reconnect it myself.

Mavericks Choice

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV M6, VF2 LS3 Calais V, VZ 6L M6 Crewie
Ok, Thanks fellas. Thay said at the dealership it was a finicky job to do. Just didn't understand why they wanted the car for the whole day. And if it was simple enough, Id reconnect it myself.
Only 10min job on/off if that mate.