Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Parking Brake Issue

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
You can't do a handbrake turn as easily with no lever modulation either! It's the reason M2/3/4 BMW's retained the lever mechanical handbrake where most of the others are now electric.
Once when driving my front wheel drive POS daily, I needed (wanted) to spin out the rear so pulled the hand brake as I always did in my younger days (pre ABS cars).

Unfortunately ESC kicked in and the nanny decided such wasn’t appropriate manners. The bloody system clamped my brake rotors in a way that stopped the spin I wanted while inducing a strait slide almost into the gutter… worst part was it wasn’t a quiet road so I have a few spectators… what an embarrassing hoon moment that was :eek:

Note to self, try again on a quiet road with ESC switched off, just for giggles, and don’t do it again in front of any audience :p

PS: I’d hope the M2/3/4 have some logic that automatically turns off ESC if the driver yanks on the handbrake while driving :rolleyes:

VF300k

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke
Finally got it sorted, took it too a mates, got it jacked up tried the shoe adjustment and no dice.

Took the rotor off, there was no pad left on the RH side shoe, the LH side had some pad but a most of it was gone.

Replaced both shoes, readjusted the cable and voila, a working parking brake!