Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SSV brake upgrade - offset problem

sorryijustworkhere

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV M6
afternoon,

I've searched far and wide for some better brakes to fit my ssv - it's not the redline model and the stock brakes aren't great.

I haven't found anything that will fit under the stock wheels - I'm happy to spend the ~3k on brakes but don't want to spend the same or more again on wheels.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
afternoon,

I've searched far and wide for some better brakes to fit my ssv - it's not the redline model and the stock brakes aren't great.

I haven't found anything that will fit under the stock wheels - I'm happy to spend the ~3k on brakes but don't want to spend the same or more again on wheels.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received
Buy some used Redline wheels?

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I don't want to change the wheels
Ok. Then maybe go T3 rotors, braided lines and ceramic pads. Maybe a hi perf brake fluid? It will be a gpod improvement over your stock setup. Calipers will still limit clamping force though.
Or buy the parts from Holden for their $350 brake upgrade.

sorryijustworkhere

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV M6
I called a dealer who told me that because it's a factory option, they won't sell it! Anyone know of a dealer who will?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Harrop Monoblocs should fit, they were designed to fit factory wheels, but are very expensive...

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
Ok. Then maybe go T3 rotors, braided lines and ceramic pads. Maybe a hi perf brake fluid? It will be a gpod improvement over your stock setup. Calipers will still limit clamping force though.
Or buy the parts from Holden for their $350 brake upgrade.
This..... DBA top range rotors, braided lines and QFM A1R1 pads worked a treat on my Calais. Ceramic maybe next time.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Just so you're aware (and it seems you probably are), the single-piston "police upgrade" is the $350 option that dealers won't sell separately. So you wouldn't really want that anyway.