Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SSV brake upgrade - offset problem

sorryijustworkhere

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV M6
Just so you're aware (and it seems you probably are), the single-piston "police upgrade" is the $350 option that dealers won't sell separately. So you wouldn't really want that anyway.

It certainly didn't look tempting - so your experience as well is that they can't be bought as parts from Holden?

I'm told installing the braided lines is fairly labour intensive but figure that, plus discs and pads will be the way to go

eman1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
Nah the police upgrade is not brembos. It's just a single piston setup, only marginally better than stock
No he fits brembo brakes to the ssv after buying it, scroll down in the thread. He even posts about clearance.

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
It certainly didn't look tempting - so your experience as well is that they can't be bought as parts from Holden?

I'm told installing the braided lines is fairly labour intensive but figure that, plus discs and pads will be the way to go
Braided lines are not really more intensive than installing new callipers, but with the right pads, discs and fluid, all things you should be going with brake upgrades anyway you'll get a better result than callipers and crappy discs and pads.

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
Also I'd recommend the guys from GSL on here.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
LOL I can't believe that with tens of thousands of owners looking to do the Brembo upgrade that nobody actually tried to fit them to SSV wheels before!?
That's just brilliant, I love pioneering work!