Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vf ssv redline upgrades

Vitalz35

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS REDLINE 2015 Auto
Hi All

First time poster and first time Holden Commodore Owner :)
Got my hands on a 2014 (MY15) SSV Redline (4500km travelled) and so far very impressed.. a few minor niggling issues such as powering down with only accessories on, beeping constantly reversing (even when nothing there to worry about hitting) and iPod issues indexing etc. Everything else is fantastic from the European looks, handling/power and comfort

I want to know if anyone has upgraded their VF SSV in any way (Air Intake,Exhaust,Tune Etc) and thought it was well worth doing... be it due to performance difference and it not voiding the warranty etc etc..

I'm very happy with the car as is but want to expand my knowledge of this car and if its worth doing anything to the car down the track.

Thanks for any feedback and knowledge passed on

Mic

bigonexeon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt series2
I have a 2014 ssv sedan ive had a otr installed pacemaker high flow cats and a 3 inch pipes put in the afm disabled and the high flow cat issue resolved by disabling the cat flow sensor and dyno also had the air fuel mixer corrected and yes changing the aftermarket

R1bloke

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SSV Redline Ute
I have a 2015 redline auto ute and will be fitting the Harrop 325 pack this week. OTR intake high flow cats and 2.5 inch pipes with carbon tips plus dyno tune.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Those kits seem pretty expensive for what you get ... I guess what you're really paying for is the amount of time they've spent not making it drone & not fouling the AFM stuff?

R1bloke, we demand before & after reports. :D

Sawndz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Definitely worth it. Big difference after. Even put a new golf r (0-100 in 4.9) in its place.

R1bloke

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SSV Redline Ute
I have been reading all the posts and a lot of people are fitting the difillipino catback system. I just like to do things a little bit different and the carbon tips swayed me. I like the idea of the increase from 260 to 325 kW. Same power as HSV for less money.

I will report back next week as I will know by then.

Why?

Reaction score
Members Ride
Harrop enhanced VF Redline Manual
I have been reading all the posts and a lot of people are fitting the difillipino catback system. I just like to do things a little bit different and the carbon tips swayed me. I like the idea of the increase from 260 to 325 kW. Same power as HSV for less money.

I will report back next week as I will know by then.

You will find it probably has a little more than 325kW, I have the Harrop 315 and it had the same rwkW as a stock 340 Clubsport the same day. Mine 269.5atw (Clubby 268atw)

Who knows its only numbers its how it drives and makes you feel that's important.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Totally agree. Mod you car for your enjoyment and yours alone.
If it's to have the loudest or fastest or loudest and fastest car around so be it. If it's for a certain dyno number or 1/4 mile pass then good on you.

You will find it probably has a little more than 325kW, I have the Harrop 315 and it had the same rwkW as a stock 340 Clubsport the same day. Mine 269.5atw (Clubby 268atw)

Who knows its only numbers its how it drives and makes you feel that's important.

DAZVFV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
I have done to mine
New two piece VCM OTR (Maf) $520 (new eBay)
Manta twin 2.5" mild steel catback only with centre muffler ($1200....sounds very deep and no drone)
Maf tune with Auto tune $900

So $2620 for 335rwhp or converted its approx 325kw at the motor.....not bad BFYB...

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
So no headers, no hi flow cats yet you claim those figures??????