Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF wagon, would you buy one?

mirrabucca

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pack (Devil Yellow)

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Was the original tint bad?

I’m thinking of redoing my wagons as it has 5% on it.

Looks good from outside but worried about being pulled over and it’s hard at night.

What % is yours?
It had 35% (legal) tint, but the Calais windows with the chrome trim I fitted in the rear weren't tinted. The re-tint is Black Armor 17.5% and ends up 15% over the OEM tinted glass. It's about as dark as you can go maintaining pretty good night vision.

A few years ago, I nearly hit a bloke on a bicycle at night driving a mate's VE Ute with 5% tint on the side windows. He had a pretty dim light on his bike and didn't help, but I couldn't see him through the tint. I realised then it was a bad idea going too dark on the front windows.

Reactions: Lex

jono67

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 S1 Calais V Sportwagon V6
Looking at replacing my worn out VE.
How would you rate a VF wagon? Are some years better than others? Is a 3 litre wagon better on fuel than a 3.6 VE sedan?
Seems odd the rear middle seat doesn't have a headrest. The middle passenger could get quite a headache in an accident.
Opinions welcome.
Hi guys, did a bit of research here before jumping back into a VF (owned a VF S1 SSV sedan a few years back). Just wanted to say thanks to the OP for creating this thread in the first place, and to all the input from fellow members, it helped me make up my mind to purchase a 2015 S1 Calais V Sportwagon. I wanted a V8, but sellers are still asking silly money for them (I can understand somewhat for the SS models, but the Calais........:rolleyes:), so went with the attached V6 instead.

Really happy with my purchase, seller was the 2nd owner, it only has 78 000km on the clock, and in pretty immaculate condition. For a 9 year old car, it certainly has plenty of mod cons. Always loved the shape of the wagons, and the V6 still has plenty of stick, so it will do me for a few years.

2015 Calais V Sportwagon (1).jpg

Terry57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Wagon
How much buddy ? But whatever you paid it's worth every buck. That's crazy low Klm's.

RenfieldFive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore SV6 Sportwagon
Awesome buy mate. Well done ... As a fellow wagon owner I'd have to agree. One of the best cars I've ever owned.

jono67

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 S1 Calais V Sportwagon V6
How much buddy ? But whatever you paid it's worth every buck. That's crazy low Klm's.
$26k, which was a tad high I thought, but it came with 11 months rego and 4 new tyres. Seller said he didn't really want to sell it due to being such a good car, but needed to downsize to one car, hence he was not going to budge on the price.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
$26k, which was a tad high I thought, but it came with 11 months rego and 4 new tyres. Seller said he didn't really want to sell it due to being such a good car, but needed to downsize to one car, hence he was not going to budge on the price.
I think that’s a good buy, especially with the low kms. Ours is a 2017 and it’s just done 100, 000 kms, it’s insured for $27,000

Terry57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Wagon
You paid a premium but you know you made the right decision. Great car. Good luck.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I don't get the low km concept at 78,000, to me is on the edge of high km's. Under 40,000km's is what I've always considered a low km car.

I guess 78,000 is low km's when they're advertising "low km" VF's with 140,000.

Whereas I think it is reasonable to say a car with less than half of average kms for the year is low kms.