Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Wiper Issues

MasterC

MasterC~VsCalais
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline VF2
Hi Everyone

I was wondering if anyone has encountered my issue. I have attached a video for reference.

I have had constant issues with my Wipers. I have tried Bosch wipers and now OEM Holden wipers and I get an issue where it appears the wipers are too long and clip eachother on the way up. The video is in slow motion to show whats happening.

I am tempted to cut the wipers, however they are supposed to be the "Correct"size.

The link it too a Google Photos hosted Video as i cannot upload the video.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/F8tjstBwFuQreAjq6

Regards

Charbz

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
They may not work as well if you cut them, those knobs on the end are probably having some useful effect or I doubt they'd be there.

If those are OEM wipers, there's definitely something Funky going on. Can you try to find another VE or VF to park next to & measure the arms? The only two things I can think are possible is that one of the arms is the wrong length somehow, or that somehow you've been unlucky enough to have TWO pairs of consecutive wiper-blades made by different brands which are wrong.

Hmm, I don't suppose that the rotating mechanism, which the wiper shaft pokes out of, has the capability of adjustment, and someone's installed it/them improperly?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Thats bizzare. Most likely the issue with wiper arms. The blades are the standard size. Possibly some odd defect with wiper arms...
Maybe incorrect fitted when the car was built...

MasterC

MasterC~VsCalais
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline VF2
They may not work as well if you cut them, those knobs on the end are probably having some useful effect or I doubt they'd be there.

If those are OEM wipers, there's definitely something Funky going on. Can you try to find another VE or VF to park next to & measure the arms? The only two things I can think are possible is that one of the arms is the wrong length somehow, or that somehow you've been unlucky enough to have TWO pairs of consecutive wiper-blades made by different brands which are wrong.

Hmm, I don't suppose that the rotating mechanism, which the wiper shaft pokes out of, has the capability of adjustment, and someone's installed it/them improperly?
The Original issue with the bosch was shudder. OEM does the above. I am thinking its the arms as well. I have a feeling the arms are twisted. I really dont want to spend another 80 dollars on new blades. However i do have another VF at my sisters with fairly new blades. I may just swap the blades and see if it does the same thing.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Measure the length of both blades and post it here and someone will confirm that the blades are the right or wrong length and that question is then quickly dealt with.

TSMAX

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV CLUBSPORT R8
The driver side blade is 26" and passenger side 15". I replaced mine a few months ago, ordered some e-bay specials which were a direct fit without any issues. I have ordered another set in the past for another car and although it guaranteed fit for the car, it didn't actually fit. Just make sure you have the above sizes and it should fit.

MasterC

MasterC~VsCalais
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline VF2
The driver side blade is 26" and passenger side 15". I replaced mine a few months ago, ordered some e-bay specials which were a direct fit without any issues. I have ordered another set in the past for another car and although it guaranteed fit for the car, it didn't actually fit. Just make sure you have the above sizes and it should fit.
Do you have the link for the ones that worked?

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
VF SV6 wipers:
Left 65cm, right 49cm.

Check also your windscreen is scrupulously clean, wet a CHUX wipe and scrub with metho. The blades in your vid appear to be dragging under stress - bent arms (?) , and that would strain the motor.

In re measurements, if the right side is only slightly longer it will interfere with the left and also come into contact with the windscreen fascia in the resting position.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
here is a pic of the resting position of mine
wipers.jpg

you might need to undo the right arm and move it up one or two notches so it is above the left arm when the go to wipe.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
VF SV6 wipers:
Left 65cm, right 49cm.

Check also your windscreen is scrupulously clean, wet a CHUX wipe and scrub with metho. The blades in your vid appear to be dragging under stress - bent arms (?) , and that would strain the motor.

In re measurements, if the right side is only slightly longer it will interfere with the left and also come into contact with the windscreen fascia in the resting position.

and if you have that rain-x crap get rid of that too. you can also clay your windows for the ultimate clean.