Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 SSV Redline - 2650 SC

Geoff6666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 1 SSV UTE 6M Phantom
We're spoilt here on the Central Coast! We have 3!!! Umina, Ourimbah and Budgewoi.
Currently $2.20 per litre. And many servos are now charging $2.20 for E10!!!

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Where do you even get E85 these days?
i have some at a local united ill be using, but before then i use to get it in 200L barrels

Walmsley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Previously owned VE S2 SSV & HSV Clubsport LSA.
I have the FDFI Harrop 2300 and thermal spacers. Fits no problemo. No clearance issues for the VF.

I reckon 600 rwhp is plenty for the street. Any more is only good for the track or bragging rights.

1. Get the absolute best possible new high performance sticky tyres for traction. So far, I've been happy with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S.

2. You've gotta use the accelerator carefully. The stock traction control and stability control does help. I bet it's not as good as Ginger's aftermarket system. If it's turned off, it's sure it's easy to spin the tyres or quickly get out of control. You've gotta feed the power on carefully. Even half throttle and you're moving faster than most. I only stomp on it at the drags.

what are you thinking here? It could be a long list.

If I had my time again, I'd probably do a few extra things from the get go. The top ones for me would be the interchiller and 12L reservoir, the 8PK LSA belt system with 75mm pulley, catch can and the 3.45 diff ratio.
I’ll effectively be providing a general power goal of around the 600rwhp, and it to be done thoroughly. It’s unlikely I’ll give it a real hard time as many may, but with the exception of a built bottom end, want it done without cutting corners. Definitely be mentioning adequate cooling and benefit of reservoir, thanks!

The blokes I’ll take the car to live and breathe the stuff, and have done a few of my cars already. I’ll basically take the advice..

VF Sleeper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais

Walmsley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Previously owned VE S2 SSV & HSV Clubsport LSA.
Here is my recipe for 600 whp. https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/vf-sleeper.292416/

Things holding me back from more horses are a quiet exhaust and small cam.
Awesome, thanks! A good read.

I’m after something similar. Don’t like compromising daily manners too much, but will be ok with some noise.

I’ve had a previous VE SS with NA L77, 228/242/116 cam and usual supporting mods. Sounded great, but the choppy idle does affect its manner. Fairly minor, albeit. Not sure I’ll repeat it in this instance, though.

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
I’m fairly confident there isn’t a great deal difference in cost between the 2300 and 2650. My issue is ascertaining the power goal. I loved the LSA Clubsport, and always intended to take it a bit further. Never got around to it, this time I will…

How was it with 700+?

The car will be handed to a reputable performance shop in Sydney, and they’re aware to do whatever is needed, and thoroughly. To retain general reliability and not cut corners etc. I don’t typically “thrash” a car anyway, it’s just for a bit of fun. Under no illusions with the stock bottom end, either.
I have a 2300 Magnuson on mine with a smigin over 600rwhp. Had it for 7 years, about 70,000km with relatively no issues.

As far as getting power to the ground.......:D:D:D:D:D:D:D