Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VIC: calling p platers who have had instant licence losses for speeding

The Darkness

Junk Yard Dog
Reaction score
Members Ride
Charged VT V6 A4
i'm just starting my 12 months good behaviour now. my car is off the road so i'm in a corona atm so it's hard to speed lol!

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Contest it all the way, make the filth prove your guilty, if they not sure of a win, the case will get dropped before court day. If they continually harass you, take note of their name, rank, time of day & use that for ammo.

Filth? Love how some people talk about members of the law.

As hak admitted he did wrong and served hsi punishment, now he wants to do right. If more people had his attitude toward all this the roads would be a better place.

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
Filth? Love how some people talk about members of the law.

As hak admitted he did wrong and served hsi punishment, now he wants to do right. If more people had his attitude toward all this the roads would be a better place.

Come on, everybody knows it is always someone else's fault. An cops are filth because hey, I'm so special they leave murderers and rapists alone just so they can wait to ping me for speeding!

But hey, I'm not vain at all! :D

flyen

bye bye
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
in SA i lost mine by appealed and had my P's extended for 6 months
so i had to drive around for 12months with 1 demerit point(had 6months left on p's when i got caught)

thats so stupid cause if i made one little mistake in those 12 months i would have lost my licence for 12 months and would have to start my p's again with reduced points.

so for a possible 2 mistakes i could be stuck on my p's for atleast 5 years (total including ban time)

thank christ i dint get caught for anything in that 12 months with one point otherwise my life would be totaly different. i would not have the job ive got because a job requirement is have full licence and would have to rely on mates/parents to drive me places

But if it stops young ppl getting killed on the road its worth it but lots suffer unnecessarily
but it all worked out, i have almost full points and bought my first v8 car a few weeks after i got off my p's:D

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
lol and by the way, I personally have never come across anyone who actually lasts 12 months without getting done for anything.

That's good cause now you have, I was on a probationary licence for 12 months after I received two fines. one for three and one for one. No fines not even a parking ticket in that time :D

You're lucky hakhawk in qld if you get done it's and instant 12 month loss.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
for 40ks over?

down here it changes months depending on how far over the limit, theres 1 month, 3, 6, 12.

Stupa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Storm
Its not that hard. I've just spend the last 18 months with only one point. you just have to keep an eye on your speed (max 5 over) and be real picky about where you cut nuts. you should be fine.

metalfossil

Reaction score
aww, this thread sure brings back memories...

I got my licence when I was 18 and it took me till I was 27 till I got a full one. In those days on Ps when ya got busted you had to go to court. If you were unlucky enough to lose it, you had to res-it your learners and re-sit your licence test. I kid you not.

I was an idiot and didn't learn my lesson until my fourth loss when I was chased by a divy van into Hopper's Crossing whilst exceeding 200kms in my Monaro along the Princes Freeway. Six months loss of licence, $1000.00 fine.

I sold the Monaro for a 4cylinder VH....finally managed to obtain a full licence, though. Heck, wish I still had the HQ coupe:yeah:

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Its the double or nuffin rule...
If you lose it for 6months, you can go double or nuffin... But if you to anything wrong during a 12month period of sumfin you lose the your license for a year...

Im not sure on the exact details...I got through my P's with only 2 speeding tickets! YAY! lol

But a mate of mine did sumfin like that caus he's apprentice plumber and he needs his license to getom from job site to job site...

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
aww, this thread sure brings back memories...

I got my licence when I was 18 and it took me till I was 27 till I got a full one. In those days on Ps when ya got busted you had to go to court. If you were unlucky enough to lose it, you had to res-it your learners and re-sit your licence test. I kid you not.

I was an idiot and didn't learn my lesson until my fourth loss when I was chased by a divy van into Hopper's Crossing whilst exceeding 200kms in my Monaro along the Princes Freeway. Six months loss of licence, $1000.00 fine.

I sold the Monaro for a 4cylinder VH....finally managed to obtain a full licence, though. Heck, wish I still had the HQ coupe:yeah:

this is the problem with the system, you were a repeat offender, an obvious idiot on the road, your licence should of been gone for at least 5 years.