Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK-VZ Stereo wiring colours.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
First problem which you MAY have. the two power wires in the phone loom (Constant and ACC are rated at VERY low currents. Sometimes the CB can draw a bit too much through them. I would suggest powering it thhrough teh ignition or straight off the battery.

Now, just trying to remember the colours :S

Orange = Constant
Black = Earth
Yellow = Acc
two blue wires = speaker
the other wire(don't remember the colour) is for the radio mute.

B

bassett12

i have a jvc head unit putting it into a vt and i have power antenna outlet on the head unit so what does this connect to
which wires do the antenna up and antenna down connect to the head unit

Also in putting in my new head unit i i forgot to take my cds out of my old stacker in the boot and now since there is no power running to it i cant get them out whats the best way of getting them out

Bundy_Wal

Livin' the Bundy life
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II V6 S pack Ute
Cheers heaps 12V King, that should help a lot. Just to push you further, is the radio mute pull to ground or pull to 12V? Easy enough to check but thought it's even easier again just to ask ha ha!

nathans1987

Reaction score
Website
4316.awardspace.com
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7L M6
VT_Acclm said:
Just b4 i installed my Sony i went to AutoBarn and for 15 bucks bought an adaptor plug,from VT to Sony...Voila...20 minutes later new stereo was working without ANY damage to the car...
call me cheap but i would rather save the $15(2 hours work for me not counting fuel $738.65/Litre) and spend 15 min cutting and joining wires. this would have been helpfull when i did mine.

michael smith

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Equip
Car Audio Transponder

boardyboy1979 said:
In the VX the brown wire is the signal from the steering controls. Needed when you use a Car Audio Transponder (CAT-08)

Where do you buy one for a VX I have a new MP3 CD player with IR remote can they work together??

Michael Smith

r0nniem

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais
michael smith said:
Where do you buy one for a VX I have a new MP3 CD player with IR remote can they work together??

Michael Smith

Autobarn for $199. It will work with VX and Alpine, Clarion, Eclipse, JVC, Pioneer, Panasonic, & Sony head units.

View attachment CAT09 Installation.PDF

Elite58

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec N/A Auto
ok i am going to look like a complete idiot in here but i am going to ask anyway. I am about to purchase a vx series 2 acclaim. If you put a new head unit in does it mean that your steering wheel controls will not work anymore? and is the extra space below the head unit from how big the original 1 was os that big enough to fit a cd stacker?

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Your questions have been asked many times before in other topics :)

The steering wheel controls will not work, but you can purchase an aftermarket device that lets you still use them. It's called "Cat" or something.

A normal CD stacker will not fit in the slot below a replacement head unit. People usually buy a single DIN pocket that fits in the location and you can just store stuff there. Some brands might make a single DIN stacker, but i've never seen one.

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
Elite58 said:
ok i am going to look like a complete idiot in here but i am going to ask anyway. I am about to purchase a vx series 2 acclaim. If you put a new head unit in does it mean that your steering wheel controls will not work anymore? and is the extra space below the head unit from how big the original 1 was os that big enough to fit a cd stacker?

No they will not work, search the forums some people have modified things so they do work etc. With the extra space below, only a stacker that is DIN size will fit so there you go.

gjp2002

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
bassett12 said:
i have a jvc head unit putting it into a vt and i have power antenna outlet on the head unit so what does this connect to
which wires do the antenna up and antenna down connect to the head unit

Power antenna control for VT - VX is Yellow/Red.