Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL calais project

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
Yessss man now come up here and have a beer with us...*Shakes Fist*

nice to hear all went well buddy. brakes look the goods... are u gonna paint your calipers??

hows the feel now with better rotors and a 1" master over the 15/16

Lazza78

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HBD LS1, VL calais project
hey nath, i wont be driving far til i get the cooler fitted and the auto serviced.... so gimme a month or so atm mate... ur welcome to come down this weekend n help me fit the cooler hehe :D

calipers appere to been sandblasted(they have been rebuilt) so they look really clean for now, maybe paint later on..

only done 60kms with the new brakes and havent stood on them yet, once there bed in i will give u a verdict.. have u got a 1in master cyl on urs ??

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
mate i would have but i got a mad weekend ahead of me consisting of Engagement parties,pub craws, Golf, Etc etc... damn!!!

nah i got the 15/16 in mine still i may get one anyways.. did u do the booster as well double diaphragm ?

Lazza78

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
no drams mate, the booster i got looks the same as what i already have so i didnt change it, im goin for the vs booster n vt master in the near future anyways, that combo worked well on my old vlt...

im pretty sure i have a 1in cyl in the shed ur welcome to have... will need a kit put thru it tho

Lazza78

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
i will have to dig it out og the shed mate, it should be still bolted to my old vlt booster that was shagged.. replaced them with the vs booster n vt master about 3 years ago.... will have a look on the weekend for ya

Lazza78

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
little update, got the cooler kit fitted last weekend but wasnt happy with the top pipe so a mate remade it today... also fitted my sard fuel reg yesty... 3in dump+pacemaker front pipe+3in exhaust to be fitted over the next few weeks aswell.. its all comin together now..

also got my 9mm qld ignition leads on today and put a plumb back bov into the piping too

IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_0308.jpg

VLC86

..stay N/A..
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
Looking good mate.
So your running a stock setup atm? Is your engine just the standard N/A motor?
Have you driven it in at all so far running the high comp?

I love the sunroof, don't give it to nath give it to me haha.
I'm looking at doing to turbo conversion soon I hope, I just live on western suburbs, near infooroopilly. Gimme a yell if you ever want a hand on anything. O have a lot of spare time haha
Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Lazza78

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
hey vlc86, cheers for the comments mate....

yeah its just a hi-comp motor for now til i rebuild my A8 motor.. yeah been driving it for the last 2 weeks, it didnt like only having the crossover pipe on as it made a whole 2psi, since i fitted the cooler kit its makin 5-6psi now...

i dont have a stock turbo ecu tho, its got the nistune board fitted and i have 550cc siemens injectors in it

yeah gotta love the sunroof :D and thanx for the offer on helpin mate, might take u up on that one day and ya welcome to come over for just a chat anytime too