Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ash23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
hey just got a quick question. i did a bit of work on my vl yesterday, just a few things that involved replacing the rocker cover and putting alloy intake pipes on. all went well except when it came to reconnecting the spark leads i mixed the back 3 cylinders up... and cant seem to find anywhere that will tell me the right order... help?

BoNeZ-01

"..of mice and men.."
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 50th Anniversary
I'm pretty sure it's: 1-5-3-6-2-4. :)

ash23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
one more thing, when replacing the intake pipes i put 2 mini breathers on the rocker cover instead on the hoses going into the intake and the manifold. and there was a third longer hose that attached further down the plastic intake pipes that i removed. now the car wont idle? ive narrowed it down to this single hose not getting enough air, but i thought it would get more this way? should i re-attach it to the new piping or..?

BoNeZ-01

"..of mice and men.."
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 50th Anniversary
You can't leave these hoses off, it's all part of the vacuum system that keeps the engine running properly.
The air that's going in to the engine has been measured by the air flow meter directly after the air filter box.
If you leave a hose off between the air flow meter, and the intake manifold, you're changing the amount of measured air that the computer thinks is being drawn in.
This is why it wont idle. :)

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
the rubber hose from half way up the intake piping to the AAC (Auxillery Air Control) valve needs to be on or such will happen above,,
the 2 pipes on the rocker cover (the breathers) this is a flow to the Plenum chamber(Front 1) as this controls Blowby Gasses to be burnt and passed through the Cat
so i would plumb these 2 pipes to a catch can instead this will minimise the oil getting in your intake runners and slowly clogging up your intake.

As for your leads just look at your Dizzy cup they are labled next to the posts... while looking at engine front Cylinder is 1-2-3-4-5-6 (firewall) inline is the order. firing ofder is 1-5-3-6-2-4

ash23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
thanks heaps guys it took a whole 10 ins to fix. il post some picks too, it looks great!