Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Calais headlight not working............

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
I actually asked if anyone had previously had a problem like this or similar.

And if nobody has had this problem before you rage quit? Logical. A simple bump probably would have sufficed. No keyboard warrior here, I don't demand or expect anything of anybody on this forum.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
oi you rude ####. perhaps your 50 ####ing views aren't all legitimate?

Web crawler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Often times 60% of a web pages views(read as your intital post) is by bots/spiders/crawlers and little pieces of code.

####wit.

Now, that wasn't rude? Just giving you an answer. Go check your fusible link ####face.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
furthermore, when you flash your high beams do they work? as that power is supplied by the low beam circuit in that moment. If that works...check your stalk. ####.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Your headlight globes each have two filaments, one for low beam and one for high beam. It's common for the low beam filaments to burn out (because they are used more). I'd be almost willing to wager that you haven't tried replacing your headlight globes and just assume that because the high beam is working there is nothing wrong with the bulbs. Not sure why I should even be making this suggestion given the behaviour in your posts do date but there you are - we do our best to help even under trying circumstances.

BamarambaV8

Grease Monkette
Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VR Calais 5lt/ VS S pack ute
Your headlight globes each have two filaments, one for low beam and one for high beam. It's common for the low beam filaments to burn out (because they are used more). I'd be almost willing to wager that you haven't tried replacing your headlight globes and just assume that because the high beam is working there is nothing wrong with the bulbs. Not sure why I should even be making this suggestion given the behaviour in your posts do date but there you are - we do our best to help even under trying circumstances.

When a headlight doesn't work what is the first thing you do? You change the globe. Ive changed my H4 headlight globes. I am aware they have two filaments for hi and lo beam and often the switch that goes between the two stuffs up. Its the first thing I checked and replaced. As far as my behavior goes, with assumptions such as "I'd be almost willing to wager that you haven't tried replacing your headlight globes'' your implying that I haven't done the most logical thing first. Why? Because I am a girl? I wouldn't of bothered asking for help (under such trying circumstances apparently) if I hadn't checked the most logical and obvious things first. Behavior explained.
Thank you for your help all the same.

Last edited:

BamarambaV8

Grease Monkette
Reaction score
Members Ride
oi you rude ####. perhaps your 50 ####ing views aren't all legitimate?

Web crawler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Often times 60% of a web pages views(read as your intital post) is by bots/spiders/crawlers and little pieces of code.

####wit.

Now, that wasn't rude? Just giving you an answer. Go check your fusible link ####face.

Thanks for the web crawler info, very informative. Funny how after I posted something not so nice people replied. So your theory is all well and good, you might even be right to some extent, but I got my question answered. Seems they weren't all ''web crawlers''. Just because I didn't go about it like everyone else doesn't mean a ####ing thing. It got people's attention. So thank for your input and colourful language. But like I already said I checked my fusible links asshole. They were fine.

BamarambaV8

Grease Monkette
Reaction score
Members Ride
And if nobody has had this problem before you rage quit? Logical. A simple bump probably would have sufficed. No keyboard warrior here, I don't demand or expect anything of anybody on this forum.

What is a bump? I don't know I only just started using this forum crap.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
furthermore, when you flash your high beams do they work? as that power is supplied by the low beam circuit in that moment. If that works...check your stalk. ####.

You missed one arsehole.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Even if I was to help, I wouldn't now based on your replies.

You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

Being a girl is definitely not the reason for the replies you are getting, or for the lack thereof after the OP. Quit making this about being female, its about you being a ****wit.