Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Senator with LSx454

Status
Not open for further replies.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I have a strange attraction to my orange ones (against most other peoples views), but they are the rounded shape not the rectangle shape. If they were rectangle I would give them the flick.

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
I do like the orange ones but the clear looks ok too. I ended up with VY ones on mine and got them to clip in rather than glue them on like others do. They are tinted slightly and are a smaller square shape. Thought the WK/L were too big and bulky, I like the smaller style of indicators.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
The other thing I did is a few people have said about changing to VS clear side indicators. I had wanted to stay with the original square orange but on mine the tabs are broken and I cant get any more from Holden. I could fix them in, but I was chatting to my son and basically he said Dad the reason everyone does it is because it looks better, and it will look sweet. So given the build (and apologies for the crap photo) but what do people think, clear or orange?

FWIW I like the VS style white repeaters over the original orange square type. I do have a pair of the orange type somewhere if you are wanting some.

VRSenator065

Now in stealth mode
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator LSx454
Well finished off using the texture coat around the fuel tank, looks nice and neat ready for the tank. They have all the pump/filters etc so they are about to start manufacturing it, should be sweet.

This is how the rear came up.

And this is the fuel pump system I am going for, it will flow up to 1000HP on E85, and the controller uses pulse width modulation to turn down the flow when its not required so you don't have the pump going flat out when your driving it sedately.

This is the fuel circuit I am going to use, its a full return flow. Could probably get away with a basic dead end system up to 600 or so, but if I chase big HP, especially FI this will easily cope. Do it once do it right.

Also had another look at the side indicators. I like the VS clear style. I think given they are original on basically the same model I would rather go for those than something not off a VR/VS sedan. So I fitted them properly. Not sure if this is problem specific to my car but I couldn't get them to fit easily into the guard. In the end I ground down the tab that was restricting the spring tab using a dremel so it could spring closed more and then they went on sweet.

This is what I did in case anyone has a similar issue.

And lastly have started looking into the battery relocation. I have fired off some questions to my engineer just to make sure there isn't anything I miss, but I like the look of this box. I plan on fitting it, and running the cable etc up to the starter, then I think I will use an electrician to do all the engine loom etc, but will wait and see.

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Wow it's gets better and better with this build. Can't wait to see how the tank comes out. Is that pump going to be inside the tank or an external one.

VRSenator065

Now in stealth mode
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator LSx454
Both this pump, and a smaller lift pump for the inbuilt 3L surge are external. They are mounted on the front face in a area specifically for them. He wanted the pump etc so he can make all the inlet and outlets line up to make it all neat. I think I have made the right choice, given what else is done, really didn't make sense to leave the tank standard. Dual pumps are OK but trouble is if one fails the engine still runs and can lean out.

GTS059

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR GTS - LJ Torana
Very Very nice. Well thought out and executed. I've got a VR GTS, I Love the shape, style and tough simplicity of this era of car. You've done a fantastic job in this build. Congratulations. Can't wait to see pictures of her on the street. Nice work.

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Both this pump, and a smaller lift pump for the inbuilt 3L surge are external. They are mounted on the front face in a area specifically for them. He wanted the pump etc so he can make all the inlet and outlets line up to make it all neat. I think I have made the right choice, given what else is done, really didn't make sense to leave the tank standard. Dual pumps are OK but trouble is if one fails the engine still runs and can lean out.

Yeah I agree, you've come this far so why not with the tank too. Keen to see pics when you get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.