Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Senator with LSx454

Status
Not open for further replies.

VRSenator065

Now in stealth mode
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator LSx454
Yep agree withe the above re space behind and around the rad. If air is going through it, it has to come out somewhwre. Its a little bit of a problem potentially with the side mount blowers, as what I have seen they use up alot of the space immediately between the engine and rad. With my car (NA) seriouslyyou could just about park a bus between there. Having said all that I am about to pick up my car and go for its first lengthy(ish) run so hopefully all this theory proves right in practice!!

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
That's right, I forgot, you moved you engine back a bit. Did you ever get those engine mounts with the adjustable bushes? That wasn't a bad idea.

Hope the drive goes well.

VRSenator065

Now in stealth mode
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator LSx454
No I didnt all I got was a short message saying he tried them but they didnt work. I think it would, its on my "one day" list of making my own set, of course need to sort some other priority stuff first. Yea fingers crossed, been stuck in the federal court for 4 days, its pretty much done my head in, so looking forward to gteting back into car mode and not having to think so hard (my brain hurts)

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Having said all that I am about to pick up my car and go for its first lengthy(ish) run so hopefully all this theory proves right in practice!!

Must be more lengthy than ish lol. Keen to hear your review.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
He probably wore out the rear tyres before he could make it home.

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Or he picked it up, decided it was too friggin awesome and just kept on driving

VRSenator065

Now in stealth mode
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator LSx454
Well drove it home. Fark it's awesome. Bear in mind it was over 40 degrees and I live 40km out of the city. Stopped at the first set of traffic lights after leaving Phil's. A guy stops alongside me, winds down the window and says, "mate is that your fuel pump". I smiled and said yea, she makes about 650hp, he just said ****, smiled and drove off.

It's just epic, effortless torque. Drove her home, it's about an hour, temp gauge rose maybe a couple of mm at traffic lights. Not one issue, brakes are awesome, trans feels great. Got almost home, maybe a km to go and the fuel pressure dropped, pulled over and she stalled. Bit of a head scratch, opened the bonnet felt the fuel rails and they were very hot. Rang Phil, vapour lock he said instantly, let it cool down it will start.

So cut a long story short, walked the 5 mins home, disappointed she didn't make it, chatted to Suesy and Matt then he drove me to the car, hit the key, started immediately, ran perfect. So it was I think the heat, but also that we at the moment have the pump running at max. Maybe over an hours driving at 40 was taking the piss.

Anyway it's home, took my son for a drive, he couldn't stop laughing, I just have it maybe 1/3 throttle from walking speed and it laid two black lines in an instant. I think at just about any speed in any gear it will spin the rears. Two 10" strips looked pretty cool. Surpringly excluding the fuel pump whine it's relatively docile, stomp the loud pedal though and it gets busy very quickly. Disappointed with the vapour lock, but stoked it drives so nice.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
If that is the worst problem you have encountered then it's not bad going at all considering every aspect of this car has been rebuilt, modified and/or upgraded.

Worst case scenario you may need to fit a fuel cooler as you are pumping a serious amount of fuel.

Status
Not open for further replies.