Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs 5.0

spud_22

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS-V Wagon, VS UTE, 96 VS Senator
Iv seen this car for just over 6 years since i joined this forum, its not the most modified or the biggest standout but god iv loved this thing (Not just because of the plates). It makes me so happy to know that it still getting around and being treated right. These cars are a dying breed and its great to see there are still a few being looked after. Nice work mate.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Well, after nearly 19 years and 230,000 kms of custodianship , I will be putting the old girl up for sale in the near future.

I did a deal on a newer ride this morning and pick it up on Saturday.

I'll set up a new ride thread once I have custody, but in the meantime, here is a sneak peak.

UbJ0D6a.jpg

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Congratulations mate!

Do you guys have a club reg scheme over in WA? If so, might be worth hanging onto the vs?

Thanks mate.

Yeah, we do have club reg. Car needs to be 25 yrs or older so this has still got the best part of 3.5 yrs to get there.

The process has been somewhat of a mental and emotional battle to get to the point of letting this go after such a long time and so many memories, that I have had to detach myself from the car to move on.

Combined with the lack of space for storing it under cover, it is now time to pass it on to someone else and let them enjoy it.

My 13 yo son is somewhat disappointed. Once I started this process, he confided in me that he had expectations of it being passed down to him so he could pass it down to his offspring. Seems he has inherited his old man's sentimentality (for better or worse).

There are times when I would still like to be in possession of my old LX, VB & VK. I am sure this will also live in that list, but hey, we can't keep all of our things forever. Sometimes we just have to let go.

The new ride is a massive improvement. The fact that I'm not moving onto some buzz box should keep me happy enough.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Picked up the new girl yesterday.

ugmp9OD.jpg

KHNJDWj.jpg

4KM2SM2.jpg

I think transitioning is going to be easier than I expected.

Just need to sort out changing the plates over, a good detail of the old girl and put her up for sale.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Hope it goes to a good home.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Well, after nearly 19 years and 230,000 kms of custodianship , I will be putting the old girl up for sale in the near future.
This hurt ^^^

But reading further, I understand.
It won't sound as good. But it will do everything else much better.
All the best mate.

p.s don't let it go cheaply