Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs 5.0

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
This hurt ^^^

Yeah a bit shattered but as Deuce said I understand and new car looks extremely nice .
You won't know yourself the way it goes, handles and creature comforts.
Over here we have to wait until they're 30 years old for club rego and I don't recon I'll be able to wait that long. I'll never use the monaro as a daily , so something has to give which means at some point I'll have to part with the maloo , don't know that I can justify using till that age as a daily putting 20,000 km a year on it . As it is this year its continually had issues so when going well how do I get rid of it and when it's not I'm upgrading what am I going to get ,so the dilemma continues

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
so something has to give which means at some point I'll have to part with the maloo , don't know that I can justify using till that age as a daily putting 20,000 km a year on it . As it is this year its continually had issues so when going well how do I get rid of it and when it's not I'm upgrading what am I going to get ,so the dilemma continues

Yep, that's similar to where I was at.

I do ~15,000 kms pa and she's at 292xxx now.

Given she is basically a V8 executive with "stuff", she is nothing really special (apart from my memories and being a 5 litre) so I can't really justify throwing $$$ at her in time to come.

I can't complain though. She has been a pretty loyal servant and given me years of enjoyment.

I wanted something newer and nicer that wasn't going to stretch me. I toyed with VZ but thought bugger it and ended up with the VE.

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
Funny the similarities on the front and rear styling side by side like that.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
First step in the disposal process.

0EiCo5l.jpg

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
First step in the disposal process.

0EiCo5l.jpg

I've hit like on this post, because she looks clean as ever, not because I like what's about to happen. Respect mate, U've her proud over the years, I just hope the next owner shows the same respect.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Next step....a mate came over yesterday and we set about giving the old girl an exterior freshen up, a few touch ups here and there and full clay and buff.

i3gqHtI.jpg

ozJbqBg.jpg

zbHqehq.jpg

vFpKfVc.jpg

Shout out to Matt from Whatscratch....did a great job.

A bit more cleaning in the bay, a bit of tyre shine and then time for sale pics dependant on the weather.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
It is looking really good. After spending today at the nsw all holden day I believe there is surely a very good chance that someone that appreciates these cars and the condition it's in will find it parked in their garage.
Oh and I know you have been through this and can't keep it but just to help entice you go to Facebook and search injected 5ltr , I can't believe the number of people that follow or are members , some extremely nice cars.