Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS front brakes

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
And these days 500 / 600 bucks isn't that much . People spend more than 10x that to get not even the same percentage in go forward.

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
it cost me around 700-800 to do the rears on the ute 2 years ago
dba t2 rotors rda pads reco calipers from ebay and braided hoses from safe brake when they were sponsors on here and i haven t change the front hoses yet as they were only a few years old at the time when i did the ve conversion

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
it cost me around 700-800 to do the rears on the ute 2 years ago
dba t2 rotors rda pads reco calipers from ebay and braided hoses from safe brake when they were sponsors on here and i haven t change the front hoses yet as they were only a few years old at the time when i did the ve conversion
With your ve conversion do you need to run 17 inch wheels

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
With your ve conversion do you need to run 17 inch wheels

yes you need 17 inch min to fit the rda kits 321mm... but rda also did make a 298mm minimum 16 inch wheels but there both been discontinue
i did get my kit from first choice brake and clutch east maitland 5 years ago you could give them a call about the 298mm kit to see if rda have any left
also race brakes sydney do state on there face book page they make brackets to suit any ve caliper/rotor combo for pre ve commodores

Attachments

• 20180426_152820.jpg
    20180426_152820.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 168

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Had vn group a & lc gtr with 330mm discs etc...overkill is nice to have but for a daily driven sensibly can't see the point spending all that extra coin when reconditioned factory gear with a few mods will do the job easily enough.

Brother's old vs maloo stopped very good for mildly modded daily.

Vs V8 conversion for vp ute came with vt brakes on it...cbf'd doing vt m/cyl-booster + brakeline adaptors for a slow car/cruiser tbh.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
So an update, I went down the renew/rebuild original setup parth.
Ordered dba t2 front discs ( ment to turn up mid this coming week ).
Checked eBay and local brake place for caliper seals/parts, going with the local place ,( a little more but you know what you're getting and supporting local business ). They were out of stock of some bits until mid next week.
So should hopefully have everything next weekend.
Going to rebuild all 4 calipers, not going to worry about flex lines for now .
Got all back together last weekend and auto serviced and wheel alignment on Tuesday .
Driving nice again, I'm just having to be extra careful trying to save ( make that really worn pad last at least a few weeks).
Doing a parth at the back of my deck this weekend so it's actually being used as a ute !!
I'll probably post up a few photos and how it went and how it feels in my ride thread in 2 or 3 weeks time when it's done .

waynethomson

Reaction score
Members Ride
series 3 ute
I put new rotors, HPX pads and braided front lines as well as rebuilt the calipers and it made a decent improvement. Decent rotors will have better grab too from the research i did when I did the fronts on the ute. For some reason the better quality rotors have steel that works better. Even without being slotted or dimpled.
g'day. ive got a series 3 ute with the vt upgrade brake setup. i bought a 304 5speed series 3 ute and want to put the brakes from the old one on the new one. are you able to advise me on whether its a straight swap and if there might be any unforseen complications. thanks friend

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
g'day. ive got a series 3 ute with the vt upgrade brake setup. i bought a 304 5speed series 3 ute and want to put the brakes from the old one on the new one. are you able to advise me on whether its a straight swap and if there might be any unforseen complications. thanks friend

you have to trim the metal guard to fit the bigger caliper and the rest is just a strait swap and what booster/master cylinder have you got vt metal or vs plastic i just upgraded the booster/mc to vt/vy i got ve brakes fitted to my ute

i just brought a vt brake conversion from upc on ebay for a cousins vs wagon after he drove my ute now he wants exactly same set up

waynethomson

Reaction score
Members Ride
series 3 ute
im pretty sure its a stock booster. but the brakes pull up quite well. with slotted and drilled rotors the whole package is good. thanks for the tips.ill give it a crackover the weekend. i was going to sell the v6 as its got a sigle mass clutch ( fairly new) and nolathane right thru. but ill keep it for spares. the v8 is mad.

waynethomson

Reaction score
Members Ride
series 3 ute
im pretty sure its a stock booster. but the brakes pull up quite well. with slotted and drilled rotors the whole package is good. thanks for the tips.ill give it a crackover the weekend. i was going to sell the v6 as its got a sigle mass clutch ( fairly new) and nolathane right thru. but ill keep it for spares. the v8 is mad.
do you know what the biggest diametre rotor i can use??