Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS L67 Ute Project

peteinoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ute
So a few updates..

I got some stickers made for the Utes.. our Insta handle etc.

1625567175338.png

https://www.instagram.com/team_vs99/

and smaller ones to put on the windows and helmets.

they are 70 cm long 20 high

to go on the side just above the rear wheels.. should look great once we get them on.

We'll get the Turbo VS back in time to go Roll Racing on the 17th this month.. Yay..

it's got new lifters, springs, roller rockers with slight ratio.. I got them for a good price.. springs are done for when I get a cam installed.

So basically it will be as we got it.. and should be great fun driving, hoping to get maybe one win out of it.

Then I'll take it to get the Haltec 1500/harness and tune.. and get before and after rwhp dyno sheets. I'll be videoing the dyno tune hopefully if they agree etc.

next..

This came up on market place and I got it for an extremely great deal..

It's better than new, it's just been rebuilt, but the starting trailer looks ex army or something, it's super well built.. and like new and I got it for a great price compared to the new ones on the market.

Plus it's a tilt trailer.. which is perfect for our ute since it's so low etc.

1625567569314.png

1625567657868.png

we are going on a power cruise... the only thing this ute is good for at the moment (till I put the E85 injectors, 20psi pully and tune in it)
is burnouts..

So grabbed some of these to use on the power cruise...

1625567768052.png

and hopefully do something like this LOL

1625567808476.png

I got the trailer, since we'll be taking both utes roll racing..

for my bro's 50th birthday a month ago.. I gave him a Roll Racing coupon to drive my ute.
He's a double amputee, missing a leg and an arm. but can still drive an auto like a beast..

So he'll be racing the L67, his best mate is coming also and bringing his young son. So they'll be racing that and my daughter and I will be in the V6 Turbo..

After I get the l67 E85 and pully / Tune done, we'll be going to Willowbank to see what it does down the 1/4 mile with the new truetrak and 3.9's in it.

hoping for high 13's fingers crossed.. Plus trying to find decent 235/60/15's semi's are very hard to find.. but they should stick off the line which will be a great help.

Last edited:

peteinoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ute
Oh yeah nearly forgot..

I got some music made put to the sound of the Turbo V6.. created some video around it..

this is it.. I'm really happy with it.

it's on a new youtube channel we are going to build up over time.

peteinoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ute
Got the L67 Booked in at Bush Works Slick Sixes in Brisbane..

1626060966854.png

Referred to Barry from Dane at Corn Fed Boost.

Man it's nice to talk to people who know their **** inside out..

Turns out the bosh E85 injectors I bought are worse than rubbish,
luckily he can supply the correct legit bosh ones. Fit the new machines snout and pulley.. new belt. And tune it..

He's phoning me back with a time for next week.. then off to the drags
Improvements since last time at willow bank.

3.9 true trak diff ( this true trak is amazing to drive.. I've had detroit lockers before, this is way better to drive IMO.. much better than the welded diff/mini spools. which are a nightmare for street cars)

Semi Slicks.. I picked up some 235/50/15's ( to replace the other semi's I bought above in this thread, they are going on the front of the new Tassie Ute. for when we do track days in it)

20 PSI pulley
E85 Injectors
Tune.

Best time last time was 15.3

fingers crossed if it sticks off the line, possible high 13's if we are lucky with a tail wind :)

we'll find out soon enough I guess.

H

harrop.senator

Barry is a legend! I thought Baz spec was doing the snout not basil? My Mrs sent mine to Baz spec for my birthday. Hopefully get it back in a couple weeks.

peteinoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ute
Barry is a legend! I thought Baz spec was doing the snout not basil? My Mrs sent mine to Baz spec for my birthday. Hopefully get it back in a couple weeks.

A "Baz" Did my snout and pully.. which Baz? I don't know hahah.. there's too many Baz's in the L67 space LOL

this is the snout and pulley Baz made and sent to me.

1626093451862.png

btw

Is the Baz I spoke to the guy that runs the L67tourque FB group?

all I know is that guy knew his stuff inside out and cant wait to get my car to him etc..

Do you know if he's got a Dyno there? I forgot to ask when I was on the phone.

H

harrop.senator

A "Baz" Did my snout and pully.. which Baz? I don't know hahah.. there's too many Baz's in the L67 space LOL

this is the snout and pulley Baz made and sent to me.

View attachment 224146

btw

Is the Baz I spoke to the guy that runs the L67tourque FB group?

all I know is that guy knew his stuff inside out and cant wait to get my car to him etc..

Do you know if he's got a Dyno there? I forgot to ask when I was on the phone.

Brush works definitely has a dyno from memory or they use a local one he does tuning for sure.

The other Baz just does machining. That snout looks like Baz spec.

Brush works forum name on here is decicrate. He's had his hill climb car for years and always been one of the highest powered m90 cars in Australia. He's got the know how to get it done.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Brush works forum name on here is decicrate. He's had his hill climb car for years and always been one of the highest powered m90 cars in Australia. He's got the know how to get it done.
Wow, been watching progress on that car for years and didn't realise he was a business owner building it. Awesome car and results by decicrate

peteinoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ute
Great News.

Got the Roady for the new Tassie ute,
will register it tomorrow and transfer rego for the trailer..
(Now need the Mod plate done)

So all ready for Roll Racing this Saturday night at Queensland Raceway.

So I'll get to race my daughter, don't know who'll be in each car yet..

Plus my brother is coming up to have a race in the L67.

Can't wait.