Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS L67 Ute Project

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Couple of crashes too lol

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
have to go do this :)

If you want to do sustained burnouts with the V6 fit a good oil cooler with it's own thermofan. Hell, with what you do id fit one anyway, just use a system with a thermostat so it allows the oil to get up to operating temp quickly but stop it getting to hot and ******* bearings.

peteinoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ute
If you want to do sustained burnouts with the V6 fit a good oil cooler with it's own thermofan. Hell, with what you do id fit one anyway, just use a system with a thermostat so it allows the oil to get up to operating temp quickly but stop it getting to hot and ******* bearings.

sounds like a plan..

going to have thermo's on the IC heat exhanger, thermo on the oil cooler..

going to be giving my alternator a serious work out..

I'll do that the same time when I get the turbo fitted.considering it's got the oil feed to the turbo.. have to plumb it in at the same time I guess.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride

peteinoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ute
If you're into holden v6 engines, this is a must see video.

he makes awesome content..

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Just remember what you see there isn't a complete reality to what will happen when it's all in a engine bay. They run the engines much cooler than what is normal, they run the best fuels so there is no chance of knock and they run engine ramp rates which aren't realistic either as well as open exhausts and intakes.

Ultimately all I can say is that we don't race dyno's ;)

Reactions: Lex

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Just remember what you see there isn't a complete reality to what will happen when it's all in a engine bay. They run the engines much cooler than what is normal, they run the best fuels so there is no chance of knock and they run engine ramp rates which aren't realistic either as well as open exhausts and intakes.

Ultimately all I can say is that we don't race dyno's ;)
That setup wouldn't fit in my engine bay vt commodore.

peteinoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ute
Today was a great day!!

Khyle arrived this morning with the engine in a ute.

One of the great things about this car is all the awesome people I've met during this.

Turns out we'll most likely go roll racing together, him with his new supercharged manual V8 against me with his V6 in my Auto VS ute..
We are going to have a ball.

This engine was built and run in with standard head gaskets.. then after run in, the heads were pulled and the head gaskets replaced with cometic?
head gaskets, it's got ARP studs etc. After it's tuned the head studs need to be re torqued and all good to go.. 110 nm's

Turns out he bought a ton of extras he wont be using, since he's going V8 so I got all these extra parts aswell.

ported inlet manifold.

1642850802814.png

Extractors
1642850848583.png

box of stuff
Starter, alternator, AC compressor
1642850912550.png

And the engine itself..

1642850941634.png

1642850965430.png

On another note, finally got the keys to my daughters ute, which broke down and I got it towed to my mechanics.
Unfortunately, he fell over while working on a car 3 weeks ago and broke some bones.

He got out of hospital today and met me at the shop and returned the keys that I dropped through the hole in the door.

Unfortunately seems like he's going to retire.

He was the guy I was going to get this engine fitted..

1/2 considering fitting it myself.. but man, I effed up lowering it LOL, so doesn't instil confidence in my mechanical abilities, even though I've changed TONS of engines back in the day.. we'll see.

First thing is getting my daughters car repaired so I can use that to tow this ute somewhere to get the new engine fitted.

Plus the W2A

And my kit from Mace arrived..

The risers gaskets etc.

Only thing I need now are the valley gaskets I think, the heat exchanger tubing and mounts.. then it should go all back together.

Oh yeah..

This arvo went to book my ticket for

1642851615516.png

couldn't believe it, already sold out.. Dang it.. 200 people purchased tickets in under 12 hours I'm guessing.. I'm on the reserve list, so fingers crossed.

How popular is that huh.. that's awesome..

Attachments

• 1642850837999.png
    1642850837999.png
    433 KB · Views: 83

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Those drag and drive events are becoming really popular.