Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Leaking coolant?

Leetree26

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS acclaim II
I have a 97 VS that had a small coolant leak, so i changed the radiator and the gaskets and checked all the hoses, i haven't replaced the hoses but they dont seem to be cracked or anything. then when i put it back together its started to leak more from a different area? Any ideas where the leak could be coming from, its a pretty heavy leak and starts leaking before i even turn the car on. Its not coming from the radiator, and im pretty sure its not the water pump.. Any ideas would be appreciated as i don't have a owners manual.

Leetree26

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS acclaim II
I replaced the water pump gasket, its not the water pump leaking, i put thread lock on all the water pump screws.. It looks like its coming from the engine block kinda near the water pump.. hard to tell cause its leaking a fair bit, As soon as i pour the coolant in its leaks straight away

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
There are 2 coolant pipes onthe drivers side of the engine at the front, one kind of passes through the drive belt tensioner. These have O rings to seal them into the engine and the O rings harden up and crack and can leak if disturbed.

Leetree26

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS acclaim II
Thanks, Do you mean the metal pipes? Or hoses?

Leetree26

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS acclaim II
When i take the manifold off, there is a small amount of coolant under it? Dont think thats normal?

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
do you mean in the engine valley? It's either got in there when you took the manifold off or your inlet manifold to cylinder head gaskets are leaking. Is the engine oil milky?